Need feed back!!

megachirops

"Archaeology" as a name for a Book OR Movie  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think "Archaeology" will make a good Book OR Movie title?

It's not really unique, so it's not so good. My google gives me nearly 100,000,000 hits when I look for the word.

But I don't know the story you want to write. Maybe it's a perfect name.

My advice: write the story first, then worry about the title later.

I am writing a story (or trying to) and i am thinking of calling it Archaeology, its about a revolt on Mars. Tell me what you think? Thanks!:unsure:

Is the story about the study of history through fossil records, specifically Mars archaeology? I like the idea of an archaeologist on Mars digging up fossils, but the term archaeology has some specific meanings that might not really attract anyone by the title.

Studying alien fossils would be xenoarchaeology. That might be a more appropriate, exotic and interesting choice for a title.

I note you are writing a story, a work of fiction. I wouldn't be drawn to a single word title that might better suit a text book. This would be particularly so if I didn't know what that one word meant, for example "xenoarchaeology" (excuse my ignorance!). I think CaptainPanic has the right (or write - lol) idea. (IMO) Brief and catchy yes - but also hints about the contents of your story .

Edited by TonyMcC

I am writing a story (or trying to) and i am thinking of calling it Archaeology, its about a revolt on Mars. Tell me what you think? Thanks!:unsure:

A story about a revolt? Surely you mean Anarchaeolgy = Anarchy + Archaeology (in red because it's about Mars).

Edited by ewmon