neutrino detection

baigligan

neutrino hawe no weigh no charge.its going trough earth like trough vacume.then how we can detect it.i think if we cant use its energy because there isnt cinetyc energy without weigh(E=M.C.C)we should detect it by acumulating energy in it not by collising.so we may need to create instalation to boost over 100 TERA ELECTRON VOLTS(100 000 000 000 000 ) every single piece!!!! .that mean we should use energy of several nuclear bombs each minute.thats why first we shold solve problems with controled anihilation of matter and anti-matter. WHAT U THINK GUYS????

"neutrino hawe no weigh no charge.its going trough earth like trough vacume.then how we can detect it.i think if we cant use its energy because there isnt cinetyc energy without weigh(E=M.C.C)"

your relativity formula is incomplete.

E^2=(p^2)(c^2) + (m^2)(c^4)

so if there is no mass, you still have

E = pc

where p is the momentum. hence there can be energy without mass (like a photon)

the neutrinos do interact with particles, but as faf said, the interaction is a very weak and rare one.

I don't have a clue as to what the rest of your post was about, sorry.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

"neutrino hawe no weigh no charge.its going trough earth like trough vacume.then how we can detect it.i think if we cant use its energy because there isnt cinetyc energy without weigh(E=M.C.C)"

your relativity formula is incomplete.

E = pc

the neutrinos do interact with particles, but as faf said, the interaction is a very weak and rare one.

I don't have a clue as to what the rest of your post was about, sorry.

FIRST LET ME DECLARE SOMETHING. i am not english so u shouldnt expect from me perfect grammar(at least that is not the point of the forum. second its very stupid when somebody atack my grammar when there is nothing to say-i mean this guy with nick-"fafalone" and third-i think here we can share our ideas not only what we know from books.Yeah.no mass-no cinethyc energy but i think we havent still discover the nature off matter (subatom pieces)as far i know the littles pieces of matter are 6 qarks.so if we cant measure the energy of neutrino that not mean its impossible 100%.may be some day somebody will invent sensor for neutrino detecting.and something esential-TRANSLATING PROGRAMS SUCKS JUST LIKE TO PLAY CHESS IN THE NET USING COMPUTER SUPPORT.in both cases u wont learn anything and ur head will be hollow like "heloween pumpkin".ill newer use trnslating prog.good luck friend

Just what is you you want me to say? There are neutrino detectors. It's a fact. If you say there's no such thing, you are wrong. It's not a question of opinion, it's a question of fact.

Òè ðàìî ðàçãîâîð in Áúëãàðèí , òî óæ áúäà ïîâå÷å ëåñåí êúì ðàçáèðàì.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

E = pc

Ah but P=mv

Being a chemist more than a physicist at this level I find it hard to follow some the points here but im aware phtons have no rest mass but due it having energy E it must have a relativistic mass given by

m = (E^2)/c

so really its a mass equivalence when travelling at speed c, giving it momentum p. or is that wrong?