telescope in space

Ivan Tuzikov

Hello everybody!

First of all, please ignore my language mistakes, cause I'm non native speaker.:)

My question is this: is it possible that a telescope in space (located at low orbit, high orbit or somewhere in space) which is mounted on spy satellite or ufo can discern (recognize) human's faces (i.e. "see", that is detect reflected light photons) and simultaneously be invisible (that is do not reflect light photons) for the ground telescopes and let's say hubble telescope? Take into account rotation of The Earth about it's axis and rotation around the Sun.

Any corrections of my thoughts are welcomed.

Many thanks in advance.

It sounds like you are asking can spy satellites distinguish human faces on the ground?, and yet be undetectable to ground telescopes?

I believe the answers are yes, and no. Such space telescopes can distinguish human faces on Earth, even license numbers on cars, but the satellites don't have stealth, and can be seen by ground telescopes.

Edited by Airbrush

I edited my answer above.

I believe the answers are yes, and no. Such space telescopes can distinguish human faces on Earth, even license numbers on cars, but the satellites don't have stealth that I know of, does anyone know? It is possible the military sent up stealthy spy satellites without announcing it.

Do you have a source on that? I thought we could resolve maybe the shape of a car, but license plates? I wouldn't be surprised though. From license plates to what Google Earth is cable of is probably just a difference to within 10x, though the dust and vapor in the air could be the problem.

Correction, I see what you are talking about now with the stealthy ability, as well. Can you point me to some satellite pictures equivalent to a face or license plate though?

Edited by Realitycheck

I'm sorry I don't have any source, just I thought I recalled reading spy satellites can read license plates. What exactly spy satellites can resolve is top secret. If they are also steathy is top secret, unless anyone knows where that info is. Just guessing.

I read that chinese scientist have put together a metametal that absorbs microwaves. They're calling it a manmade black hole. They plan on trying to make one that will absorb visable light waves in the near future.

So I guess it would be possible in the near future to put a camera in space that would be quite invisible.