Capacitor plates

YT2095

Between would be lethal! :((

I was considering particles deflected by the outer shell due to its charge' date=' and any that entered it would be met with a "WIND" to either slow them/stop them.

even if it`s only by a few percent, it beats that one moon mission where they were told to orient the craft ass backwards to absorb SOME of the solar emissions during an active solar state. maybe the same technique coupled with Hull charging at the correct polarity, may reduce the ill effects even further, perhaps even protect sat electronics during the 11 year cycle? :)[/quote']

YT, you're out of my league on this one. I guess I was thinking about nullifying the ionized air inside the space craft (making the folks sick) by applying a pos or neg charge.....Guess I'll give up on this one.

Since you're into pll's, when I was talking about sampling techniques applied to phase lock loops, we've done that many times for sweeping receivers (covering certain freq. bands) in surveillance systems using compressive filters. Turns out, that a quasi linear chirp can be linearized by sampling it at the square root of the sweep rate in Hz/sec. At this sampling rate, there is always a pos or neg zero crossing, when you take the sample, if the sinusoid is not at zero, you take the error and wrap it back around.

what sort of Compander ratio where you using at 30-40Mhz?

it must eat memory like like mofo! :)

I`m cool with sample and hold and subsequent manipulation of it afterwards, but I`m guessing here that all this has to be done on the fly?

I`ll work on it LOL :)))

the PLLs I`m used to mostly always where local x-tal set timing. the sample idea wasn`t a bad one though!!!! but without a mean avg alogorithm and setter I can see how it would have been trashed :((

I`m quite familiar with SSB too' date=' that`s where alot of my PLL training came from to (Civilian in this instance).

have you looked into "Fuzzy Logic" at all? it`s just an idea, and one I`ve have reasonable success with in simple apps in neural cybernetics. it`s worth a look at least :)[/quote']

Yeh, SSB phase noise is a big problem in high intercept receivers, a lot of the Russian covert folks would do what we called "snugglers", they send a spread spectrum signal very close to a large signal, like "voice of America" or the overseas version of the BBC, their sig would be in the phase noise if the large sig....virtually undetectable.

I've heard of fuzzy logic, but know nothing about it. I'll check it out here on the WEB, sounds interesting....thanks for the tip.

what sort of Compander ratio where you using at 30-40Mhz?

it must eat memory like like mofo! :)

I`m cool with sample and hold and subsequent manipulation of it afterwards' date=' but I`m guessing here that all this has to be done on the fly?[/quote']

I guess I'd call that the compression ratio. Let me see now, off the top of my head, in the HF range the input bandwidth was about 200 KHz and the output arounf 3 KHz. This was using an aluminum delay line. I'll check my stuff in the basement. BTW, I no longer work for Lockheed, I'm an independant contractor at home.

Yes, it was done on the fly, when the chirp reset, we allowed a short "dead time" to re-aquire lock.

Gotta run, my wife is bitching at me......have to go shopping.

I was actualy considering in the region of several Mev.

2 spheres' date=' one inside the other, seperated by a vacuum dielectric, and thw workings and inhabitanst being inside the inner sphere, a bit like the double hulled Ocean vessels that are used today, with the difference of electrical isolation between them, and being charged.

it seemed a better idea than using lead sheilding (launch costs for weight etc...).

maybe something Active could be used instead, a repellant as opposed to an absorber.

with the added advantage of being able to reverse polarity at anytime depending on conditions.

sort of an Active Farraday cage :)[/quote']

How do you keep from field ionizing the dielectric when you put a million volts across it?

Your active method would do nothing against uncharged particles, like photons.

How do you keep from field ionizing the dielectric when you put a million volts across it?

Your active method would do nothing against uncharged particles' date=' like photons.[/quote']

I was considering that the ionisation would act as the "sheild" of sorts.

a bit like the active tank plating that explodes outwards when hit by incoming, thus reducing the damage to the vehicle.