Quick Proposal For Measureable Gravitational Distortions

Bullseye

Ok, so here's the deal: I know virtually nothing about Theoretical Physics from a matter and interactions standpoint, and absolutely nothing about physics from a mathematical standpoint. But, nontheless, I want to learn. But, while I was educating myself through some of Hawking's works, a thought occurred to me: What if the fabric we call Space Time is a collection of infinite, yet clearly defined, points? The points would be, for lack of a better term, "mapped" as our universe. These points are a basis of location relative to an "onlooker" of the universe. However, these points are finite in distance from each other, as far as without matter in the universe every single one would be an "equal distance" away from each other. But, these points are moved when matter comes into the equation. But they don't disappear, the simply become displaced. Now, here's where my logic comes from. This would explain gravity in a sense, at least as far as its distortion of light and fits with the idea of time passing slowly by revolving around an event horizon at light speed. Also, since they are infinite in number, this would explain why gravity is stronger with more mass, even in the same finite space. That is to say that more points are displaced when there is more amss in a given area. So, a ray of light or a stray asteroid wants to go in a straight line. However, it hits the edge of a gravitational field. Because the point it's trying to get to, via its path, which is assumed straight, has been displaced, so a different one is in it's place, or a group is in its place, but that new point would originally be in the area now taken by the mass causing the gravitational field. So, it's trajectory becomes curved based on the path of points it tries to take. As to why this makes me stay on the ground, I haven't come up with anything, but it appeared to me to fit with most of the principles I knew at the time, so I thought I'd run it by some people who actually know about this stuff. So, what do you make of this idea?

!

Moderator Note

Moved to Speculations due the speculatory nature of the thread. Science News is for reported stories about science.

Upon review, if the hypothesis can pass the tests of scientific methodology, it will be moved to the appropriate section in the accepted sciences.