A time traveler

2167timetraveler

Hello,

My name is David Malcum, but my friends call me TJ. I am a time traveler from the year 2167. I was sent by the Temporal Historical Society. If you have any questions for me about me, or the future I would be happy to answer them, including science and technology. I have almost nothing to hide.

If you're a time traveler, you should have no problems proving it within less than a week. Start giving us a list of events and facts about what's going to happen. Note, please that they should be accurate; guesses will not suffice, and vague statements are not sufficient. Then we can consider asking you more "deeper" questions.

Since this -- and time travel in general -- is not a mainstream theory in physics (yet?) this is moved to "Speculations".

~mooey

mooey,

I admire your skepticism, and I have to apologize, when I come from temporal mechanics is as common as teleportation systems, simple basic physics.

I suppose the first major event would be the announcement of electro-propulsion technology and development by a small company in BC, Canada April 17th 2012.

2014 a plague will run wild in central America. It will effect 1000's of people, thankfully the death toll will be 0, but it causes great pain in its victims.

August 4 2016 NASA apologizes publicly for lying about aliens and the colonization of the moon and mars. Shortly after it looses its funding.

September 12 2018, the graft and corruption of the American government hits a record high and crumbles under the pressure.

November 4 or 14 honestly cant remember 2023, the ban of beef.

2082 the announcement of hyper-drive technology

December 1 2093 - December 14 2095 AKA the years of hell. The event in which I am trying to stop. The downfall of humanity. A race of aliens know to us as the RuMaur retaliated after a valiant group of explores and diplomats thought that the treatment of their prisoners was unjust and decided to take matters into their own hands. We were knocked back to the stone age and 4 billion of our people became a slave labor force.

I hope I do not have to wait till April 17 2012 for you to trust me. But if that's what it take.

Hello T.J. I was also sent here from the Temporal Historical society, but from the year 2169. I told you next week a month ago to stop posting stuff on old internet forums. it's creating too many paradoxes; grandfathers everywhere are in fear for their lives. President J. Bieber has asked me to terminate your contract with the Temporal Historical society, you can collect your final pay-check last Christmas.

p.s. you still owe me $25,000 for that Starbucks coffee I bought you tomorrow!

Edited by tomgwyther

I suppose the first major event would be the announcement of electro-propulsion technology and development by a small company in BC, Canada April 17th 2012.

2014 a plague will run wild in central America. It will effect 1000's of people, thankfully the death toll will be 0, but it causes great pain in its victims.

August 4 2016 NASA apologizes publicly for lying about aliens and the colonization of the moon and mars. Shortly after it looses its funding.

September 12 2018, the graft and corruption of the American government hits a record high and crumbles under the pressure.

November 4 or 14 honestly cant remember 2023, the ban of beef.

2082 the announcement of hyper-drive technology

December 1 2093 - December 14 2095 AKA the years of hell. The event in which I am trying to stop. The downfall of humanity. A race of aliens know to us as the RuMaur retaliated after a valiant group of explores and diplomats thought that the treatment of their prisoners was unjust and decided to take matters into their own hands. We were knocked back to the stone age and 4 billion of our people became a slave labor force.

I hope I do not have to wait till April 17 2012 for you to trust me. But if that's what it take.

How about something simple and immediate?

The winning Lotto numbers for next thursday will do.

How about something simple and immediate?

The winning Lotto numbers for next thursday will do.

Afraid I don't do lotto numbers. I mean I could but I only have one pill left, if I take it to make you rich, I will not be able to get home. Medicine in this time is extremely primitive. Though I have extensive knowledge in chemistry I don't have the formula

Afraid I don't do lotto numbers. I mean I could but I only have one pill left, if I take it to make you rich, I will not be able to get home. Medicine in this time is extremely primitive. Though I have extensive knowledge in chemistry I don't have the formula

The name of the person who's going to win will do just fine.

The name of the person who's going to win will do just fine.

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself well enough the first time. I only have one pill. What is a pill? It is simply the thing that keeps me alive during temporal transition. If I were to jump without it only my spirit will arrive at the temporal coordinates. The Temporal Historical Society only issues 2 pills per jump. No joy jumping. And if you are wondering why I can not just jump back and get more, the answer would be the debriefing. Instead of sitting you in front of a panel of reviewers, they upload your memories in much the same way as they downloaded my education. My primary target time is from 2012 - 2015 If I go back now I would have failed the mission. I have 51 successful jumps under my belt, and I am not about to sacrifice my job to satisfy your curiosity, sorry.

Furthermore, I don't think you grasp the complexities of temporal harmonics just yet, jumping requires the interlocking of all three time dimensions. One number off and I could be dancing with the dinosaurs. There are a number of other factors involved but I will get into them later.

Well you have to do something, my friend, as you can see, we're not just skeptical, we're treating this as humor.

May I remind you, oh advanced-temporal-being-that-is-you, that science demands the burden of proof be on you, not on us.

Also, you came here and by that agreed to our rules. You can't possibly expect us to treat this seriously when it's clear you're either playing around or are unwilling to cooperate.

~mooey

Furthermore, I don't think you grasp the complexities of temporal harmonics just yet

I am curious, though. Do you? What are those "three time dimensions" and why are there only three? How are they described mathematically?

you already "exposed yourself" in this thread, so any attempt to tell us that you're afraid to "harm the timeline" would be ridiculous. You already have. Explain the physics, let's at least have ourselves some revelations. Or some amusement, I'm still not sure if you're just a playing a joke online; the alternative is somewhat disturbing.

I have to ask the obvious questions.

If the "Years of Hell" are caused by some bunch of morons taking things into their own hands in 2093, why not stop them?

Exactly what is the point of coming to 2011?

Also, since you are from a time some 70 years after the subjugation of humanity and "temporal mechanics is as common as teleportation systems, simple basic physics" then presumably Earth is no longer occupied. (Why would the RuMaur allow you play with this if Earth is still occupied?) The purpose of your mission makes no sense.

You are trying to change something that is over and done with. You may as well go back and kill Hitler in 1922.

I have to ask the obvious questions.

If the "Years of Hell" are caused by some bunch of morons taking things into their own hands in 2093, why not stop them?

Exactly what is the point of coming to 2011?

Also, since you are from a time some 70 years after the subjugation of humanity and "temporal mechanics is as common as teleportation systems, simple basic physics" then presumably Earth is no longer occupied. (Why would the RuMaur allow you play with this if Earth is still occupied?) The purpose of your mission makes no sense.

You are trying to change something that is over and done with. You may as well go back and kill Hitler in 1922.

Those are excellent questions. Why not stop them? The diplomats were in negotiations for more then six months before this happened. And our allies would not help due to the fact that we fired the first shot.

The point of coming to 2011, just wanted to hang out and help my great grandfather with his business.

There is a human presence on the Earth as well as three other planets if you include the moon. Our population is a little more then 500 million currently. Our planet is under a protective treaty with three other races. And the purpose of my mission makes perfect sense. To gather data from 2012 - 2015. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. The more information I can gather, the better our chances of not repeating our mistakes.

And I don't kill people.

Thank you, I will read it and get back to you. But from what I have read so far I find it highly unlikely for a black hole to exist in those conditions. Not to mention your astrophysics department is missing a few key points. Like what a black hole is... We tried to create one in the laboratory about 5 or 6 years ago, but it dissipated after being disconnected from the power source. However we still use the basic physics to create a localized twister or tornado to destroy old buildings. It is far cheaper and safer then explosives.

Those are excellent questions.

What about mine. We're a science forum, traveler -- show us some science.

Only fair.

~mooey

There is a human presence on the Earth as well as three other planets if you include the moon.

Good to know the moon is redefined as a planet in your timeline, for you to include it in such definition.

Our population is a little more then 500 million currently. Our planet is under a protective treaty with three other races. And the purpose of my mission makes perfect sense. To gather data from 2012 - 2015. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. The more information I can gather, the better our chances of not repeating our mistakes.

Then what's the purpose of exposing yourself to a group of random people online? If it's merely reconnaissance, aren't you putting yourself in jeopardy?

What if you convince the wrong person and they call the government?

Thank you, I will read it and get back to you. But from what I have read so far I find it highly unlikely for a black hole to exist in those conditions. Not to mention your astrophysics department is missing a few key points. Like what a black hole is... We tried to create one in the laboratory about 5 or 6 years ago, but it dissipated after being disconnected from the power source. However we still use the basic physics to create a localized twister or tornado to destroy old buildings. It is far cheaper and safer then explosives.

What exactly is the astrophysics department missing? speak up, time traveler, tell us about the science. Dumb it down if you have to, but start somewhere.

~mooey

Well you have to do something, my friend, as you can see, we're not just skeptical, we're treating this as humor.

May I remind you, oh advanced-temporal-being-that-is-you, that science demands the burden of proof be on you, not on us.

Also, you came here and by that agreed to our rules. You can't possibly expect us to treat this seriously when it's clear you're either playing around or are unwilling to cooperate.

~mooey

I am curious, though. Do you? What are those "three time dimensions" and why are there only three? How are they described mathematically?

you already "exposed yourself" in this thread, so any attempt to tell us that you're afraid to "harm the timeline" would be ridiculous. You already have. Explain the physics, let's at least have ourselves some revelations. Or some amusement, I'm still not sure if you're just a playing a joke online; the alternative is somewhat disturbing.

mooey,

I saved the best for last, I like you. The three dimensions of time are the past present and future. They are tightly woven together existing as one. In order for me to mathematically describe temporal harmonics would take volumes, just to unravel and explain the process to start with I would have to begin at the beginning, if I were to show you my temporal jumping formula without proper training it would boggle your beautiful mind. Considering a fundamental part of the equation is mental in nature. In fact so is the hyperdrive technology we have. I have seen your star trek, nothing like that, I wish we could. I would be much more fun. As it is we use a propulsion technology known as a proton drive in which we take helium place it in a high pressure, high temperature chamber to strip the electrons and shoot the proton out at nearly the speed of light. It takes a boring 2 weeks before we reach enough speed 0.895c to be able to engage our hyperdrive using a combination of crystals, tachyons and thought we are able to reach speeds of 500 million X the speed of light.

Then there is my personal favorite, gating to other planets, it lets us go from one planet to another instantly, I will explain that later if you wish. sorry for getting off topic.

would you like me to explain the basics of the universe to you? And by the way, I am not afraid of the changing timeline

Edited by 2167timetraveler

They are tightly woven together existing as one. In order for me to mathematically describe temporal harmonics would take volumes, just to unravel and explain the process to start with I would have to begin at the beginning, if I were to show you my temporal jumping formula without proper training it would boggle your beautiful mind.

Very considerate of you. And very convinient, too.

I'll take my chances. Worse case, I'll just be boggled in the third time dimension.

Considering a fundamental part of the equation is mental in nature. In fact so is the hyperdrive technology we have. I have seen your star trek, nothing like that, I wish we could. I would be much more fun. As it is we use a propulsion technology known as a proton drive in which we take helium place it in a high pressure, high temperature chamber to strip the electrons and shoot the proton out at nearly the speed of light.

It takes a boring 2 weeks before we reach enough speed 0.895c to be able to engage our hyperdrive using a combination of crystals, tachyons and thought we are able to reach speeds of 500 million X the speed of light.

Then there is my personal favorite, gating to other planets, it lets us go from one planet to another instantly, I will explain that later if you wish. sorry for getting off topic.

would you like me to explain the basics of the universe to you? And by the way, I am not afraid of the changing timeline

Please, do, explain the basics of the universe. But if you do that, please attach formulas to your explanation. I might not be from your advanced timeline, but the way we do science in this current time is with math and physics.

~mooey

I assume you guys have solved the nonclassical norbornyl cation problem in your time. Care to explain? This is a sort of fundamental unsolved problem in the physical organic chemistry of our time. The chemistry textbooks in your time would certainly mention the scientist who solved the problem if it has been resolved in your time.

Tell me about some of the other future chemistry as well.

What about mine. We're a science forum, traveler -- show us some science.

Only fair.

~mooey

Good to know the moon is redefined as a planet in your timeline, for you to include it in such definition.

Then what's the purpose of exposing yourself to a group of random people online? If it's merely reconnaissance, aren't you putting yourself in jeopardy?

What if you convince the wrong person and they call the government?

What exactly is the astrophysics department missing? speak up, time traveler, tell us about the science. Dumb it down if you have to, but start somewhere.

~mooey

I can teach you the basics of what I know, I did not major in science, I majored in culture. Everything I learned was downloaded 21 years ago. This group of random people is not so random. And yes your government is crazy and unpredictable, but if I get scared of every little thing I would not have been a jumper.

To start your training...

all particles of matter are the same. they only seem to differ because they are in different parts of their wave fields and therefore differently conditioned as to their polarity.

Probably need to be more specific about this -- there is plenty of 'electro-propulsion' out there today. Segway, Nissan Leaf, etc. Since this date apparantly stuck out, and it is the first one on your list, what is the significance of this date?

I assume you guys have solved the nonclassical norbornyl cation problem in your time. Care to explain? This is a sort of fundamental unsolved problem in the physical organic chemistry of our time. The chemistry textbooks in your time would certainly mention the scientist who solved the problem if it has been resolved in your time.

Tell me about some of the other future chemistry as well.

We have no textbooks, and I really cant remember the name. All information is downloaded directly between the ages of 5 - 7. We have 121 elements on the periodic table 9 inert gases, 63 elements and 49 isotopes of elements. The world of matter is composed of pairs of negatives which never exceeds zero. Lithium and Florine for example.

what is your definition of 'isotope'?

it doesn't seem to match our current definition as there are way more than 49 isotopes known. (roughly 3000 currently but only 905 have half lives longer than 1 hour

also you appear to use 2 definitions of 'element' there.

please clarify.

Edited by insane_alien

Probably need to be more specific about this -- there is plenty of 'electro-propulsion' out there today. Segway, Nissan Leaf, etc. Since this date apparantly stuck out, and it is the first one on your list, what is the significance of this date?

Its significance is, that it lead to the first ships for space tourism, ultimately leading to the development of the proton drive which lead to the hyperdrive which lead to the events of the years of hell.

We have no textbooks, and I really cant remember the name. All information is downloaded directly between the ages of 5 - 7. We have 121 elements on the periodic table 9 inert gases, 63 elements and 49 isotopes of elements. The world of matter is composed of pairs of negatives which never exceeds zero. Lithium and Florine for example.

We already have over 49 isotopes now. You've exposed yourself.

what is your definition of 'isotope'?

it doesn't seem to match our current definition as there are way more than 49 isotopes known. (roughly 3000 currently but only 905 have half lives longer than 1 hour

also you appear to use 2 definitions of 'element' there.

please clarify.

Are you talking about the laboratory created ones or the naturally occurring ones?

we separate our elements of matter into tonal notes and octave pressures. I guess you can better understand this by compressing air into a tube with a whistle. The more air you pump in the higher the sound when you open the valve. the same thing will happen if you tighten a string. by the time the first octave sting has multiplied in cube ratio nine times the speed of vibration frequencies and intensity of pressure have reached 1073741824 times greater in the ninth string then the first.

start with the first octave 8 and cube it 64 then 512 then 4096 next comes the carbon octave pressures of 32768. these are normal pressures for all organic animal and vegetable life. when you cube your normal pressures you run into trouble. nitrogen is phosphorous when cubed once and arsenic when cubed twice. the higher the pressure the faster the decay. Do you follow?

Your proton drive also sounds a hell of a lot like our current ion drives. different reaction mass fair enough but essentially the same.

yeah, I think you guys use xenon tho. Xenon is precious to us, when combined with oxygen and nitrogen and inhale it, along with sufficient thought and the help of a neural processing chip we are able to regenerate damaged tissue almost instantly. If any of you are wondering the chip in my head is designed to amplify and focus thoughts. Using a keyboard is slow.