Evolution and beauty

TomL

First of all, apologies, engilsh is not my first language, so i might not have made myself clear.

I have noticed a facial correspondence in people,

People with prominent checkbones have slim waists (both good features),

People with pugfaces have the wrong shaped bum for their gender ( both negative features),

So facial beauty is a clue to if a person is a good speciman or not.

So why are we not evolved to just judge thier body?

As it is obvous before puberty whether a child has a bueatiful face or not ( but not body) a parent can judge which of their children is going to have good or bad body features after puberty so they can invest thier valuable resources into the better child.

I have noticed a few other correspdonces between face and body, but the ones I stated are the most obvious, thoughts?

People with prominent checkbones have slim waists (both good features),

Do you mean good features as in beautiful features? Beauty is subjective. Do you mean healthy features? AFAIK, there is no direct correlation between the zygomatic bone structure and good health. Do you mean evolutionarily advantageous features? Slim waists coupled with slim hips can be bad for women giving birth.

People with pugfaces have the wrong shaped bum for their gender ( both negative features),

Please explain what is right and wrong about buttocks shape by gender.

So facial beauty is a clue to if a person is a good speciman or not.

Good specimen for evolutionary success? There are too many variables. The biggest of which is environment. Do these beautiful people live in a city or in a rural setting? A twiggy model type might be more successful in a city setting but fail to a more muscular rival if they lived on a ranch somewhere.

So why are we not evolved to just judge thier body?

I think you're making too many generalizations.

As it is obvous before puberty whether a child has a bueatiful face or not ( but not body) a parent can judge which of their children is going to have good or bad body features after puberty so they can invest thier valuable resources into the better child.

Whoa. Can you give us an example of what you mean here? Because it sounds like you're trying to get parents to snub their ugly children based on whether their looks alone will trigger an evolutionary mechanism that makes them more successful.