Marriage/relationships - What's the ideal number?

Mr Rayon

Does anybody think that there is an inverse relationship between how many sexual partners one has in their lifetime prior to marriage and how long their first marriage will last prior to divorce?

(i.e. the more sexual partners one has before meeting the right one will likely find their relationship with the one they marry a bit more boring as they would have already had the boyfriend/girlfriend experience from previous relationships and hence are more likely to not commit in the long run and vice versa)?

What does everyone think?

Also, could this be the reason why America has such a high rate of divorce?

And what does everyone think is the ideal number of romantic/sexual relationships one should have with different people?

Also, are people generally more happy when they're alone or when they've started a family?

I do not think that it has much to do with sexual relationship at all, but rather on how you (and your partner) approach and behave within a relationship. While at the beginning it may appear to be the dominant factor, in the long run, you will spend more time with your partner not having sex.

Having a large number of romantic relationship does not help you there much, if e.g. it is limited to sexual encounters on the weekend. Living together for a while gives you much better information, on everyday interactions.

If, at some point you realize that yes, you want to get old together with your partner and you also realize that a marriage is not going to change anything then, I assume the marriage has good chances.

A marriage to save a relationship... probably won't.