Looking for a Specific Article on the Kepler Project

BJT

There was an article in a recent issue of Discover magazine, or some similar magazine, perhaps Popular Science or Sky and Telescope, but I'm pretty sure it was Discover. Maybe the June issue. But I'm going crazy trying to find it. It covered the Kepler project from its inception to now. I can't find it, and it's driving me INSANE!

Can anyone help? I don't need a copy. If just need to know where it appears and I can get a copy.

Try doing searches for Kepler at

sciencedaily.com

physorg.com

space.com

The first two snag lots of articles from a number of sources and there have been quite a few articles on Kepler. Probably shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by Realitycheck

As I recall, the last I heard from Kepler is that small, Earth-sized planets are more common than large planets. In fact, the smaller the planet the more common they are.

Edited by Airbrush

As I recall, the last I heard from Kepler is that small, Earth-sized planets are more common than large planets. In fact, the smaller the planet the more common they are.

"...On 2 February 2011, the Kepler team announced the results from the data of May to September 2009. They found 1235 planetary candidates circling 997 host stars, more than twice the number of currently known exoplanets. The Kepler results included 68 planetary candidates of Earth-like size and 54 planetary candidates in the habitable zone of their star. The team estimated that 5.4% of stars host Earth-size planet candidates and 17% of all stars have multiple planets.

The next data release is scheduled for June 2012...." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_mission