Dejavu

bl4ster

First im sorry if this is in wrong thread but i dont know where else can i put it.

Ive been expiriencing dejavus frequently on 1 area aprox surface of 25 sqm for about a month.I also asked my friend he sad that he also had a few dejavus there lately.then i started thinking...

we all know for dejavus.One of the theorys is that its like a "porta" to a parallel universe where you are doing the same thing as here or just a "portal".so can that be a place with weak boundry to paralel universe or what?

Isn't it much more likely that you've been there before and simply have random (and probably not entirely recognizable) memories from there?

Is this a place you, perhaps, grew up next to? walked by next to a while back? did something unique happened to you there? did you see it in a movie you liked or in a TV commercial?

Try to see if this area has some meaning to you. Usually "deja vus" are simply memories we don't quite place. Since parallel universes as the concept you're describing isn't really supported to exist in reality, jumping to the conclusion it might be a portal between them is a bit premature.

We should first try to see if it's not something a lot simpler, and a lot more logical. Think if you've ever been there before, or if ti's possible your parents took you there as a young child, etc etc.

~mooey

I was never in that part of the city before,also asked my parents,they said i have never been there or just passed because that area was rebuilded recently so i hardly doubt it was memories coming back.

I wrote this theory just because i couldnt find another explanation,and to see what you think about this and generaly about dejavus

There has been some reasonably plausible research that relates the deja vu experience to a slight timing error in processing of sensory informationfrom each side of the body. A google search may turn up references. Equally I am sure I have read of other plausible, but unproven explanations - related to neurology/psychology. I think there are many more likely alternatives before we imagine portals in space time.

I recall an especially powerful deja vu I experienced on Orchard Road, in Singapore, many years ago. Now Orchard Road is a bustling city street, with tall buildings, and angular, artificial shapes. Yet I was able, by chance, to trace this memory to a stream bed in Ayrshire, where the configuration of cliff walls and the light pattern, matched the particular corner there on Orchard Road. On the basis of that experience I am convinced that at least some deja vu exeperiences arise out of a match of certain general characteristics of a place, or event with a prior one, but with the absence of specific characteristics.

• 2 weeks later...

I started another thread called : Time ! Is time continuous ?

In that thread I put the following ,

" It is a basic geometry statement that between any two points on a line there is another point on that line . But , between any two instants of time , is there another instant of time ? "

When I did this I had one of those dejavu times . I describe it as the sense that what is being done at that instant has been done before , even possibly what is being done at that instant has previously been sensed possibly in a dream , but long forgotten .

• 4 weeks later...

"time is considered a dimension, the time-flow is constant .. but what is different is how different objects realize time" -- my speculations

So, I think that using a clock to organize our works, is based on using the time-flow of the clock machinery asynchronously ...

in NLP (Neural Language Programming), there is a complex techniques to experience slow realization of time-flow for short amount of time,

which, as theory says, can be utilized between time & time, to do some things, such as avoid a bullet, taking a critical escape path, accelerate an indirect punch

Edited by khaled

• 2 weeks later...

i think the most acceptable theory other than the parallel dimension is the dream reap theory

when we are dreaming, there are some things we see there even we didn't see it yet in reality and when we wake up we may forget it but it somehow registered in our memory so when you see someone or see someplace you will feel like you already encounter it before

we creationist, also believe that it may be the cause of the 6th sense or the sense of spirit, were you can sense something from nothing which is the cause of the divine guidance or some unbounded activities at the astral world

in NLP (Neural Language Programming), there is a complex techniques to experience slow realization of time-flow for short amount of time,

which, as theory says, can be utilized between time & time, to do some things, such as avoid a bullet, taking a critical escape path, accelerate an indirect punch

Sorry Khaled - but can you enlarge on this please? I find it very hard to believe that a human being, outside of a hollywood special effects unit, can dodge a bullet. some people will act, perceive their environment, and react to danger quicker than others - but physical realities still hold.

I wonder if something like the experience I described in another post indicates that there may be an element of truth in what Khaled says in post #6.(in NLP (Neural Language Programming), there is a complex techniques to experience slow realization of time-flow for short amount of time,)

An interesting thing to me is how you might respond to increased speed of brain and muscle activity under critical conditions. Can you become a sort of superman for a short period if your brain decides that is necessary to conserve your life. It happened to me when I had to land a glider in a narrow field and collided with power cables (which are just about invisible from the air). The whole world seemed to go into slow motion for me. I had plenty of time to realise what was happening in the next, what must have been a very few, seconds. I changed my mind at least twice as immediately after realising what I had hit I let go of the controls and lifted my feet clear of the rudder bar. As the glider started to dip and slew I worked out that being in the air was my best bet and that electrocution was unlikely, so I got back on the controls, the glider responded. I levelled the glider about 3 feet above the ground, looked left and right to see if a snapped cable was coming with me and it wasn't so I made a normal landing. As I say everything described seemed to take ages. Obviously the world did not go into slow motion so my brain activity and physical movements must have working overtime!

Edited by TonyMcC

Tony. Whilst your anecdote describes an experience that is not uncommon, and it should be noted the opposite can occur when everything is a blur and one is unsure of any of one's thought processes, the original topic of this thread - deja vu - shows that our conscious perception of the unlying working of the brain can be easily fooled. I think an explanation (aside from the well documented adrenal fight or flight reaction) that is just as likely is that due to the stress and importance of the situation both your perception and memory of your normally unconscious/subconscious decision-making process were altered/improved. The unusualness of the situation allowed a glance into a normally hidden autonomic process. Additionally, in a normal situation you would not immediately reflect and self-analyse the last few moments of thought and action in depth, nor would your system be drenched in fight or flight (or landing in your case!) hormones whilst doing this.

I was under the impression that Deja-vu happens when your brain misfiles what it's experiencing.

Instead of filing what's happening now under short term memories, it sticks it in long term memory. These work quite differently.

So you're walking down a hallway you've never been in before, and you're brain puts the experience of this into long term memory. You get a weird feeling that at some point in the past you've walked down it before, but you don't remember when.

Personally, it happens to me mostly when I've ingested illicit substances... :blink::D

Edited by MacIver