Air pressure and temperature

hugh1

Hi guys and girls, new here, been pulling my hair out trying to work out the answer to this one with nothing but a physics gcse which was a rather long time ago, i'm feeling a little pickled! :D

I'm probably about to set myself up to look like an idiot but here goes, quick simple question:

In an enclosed vessel, what pressure is required to increase the temperature of the air within the vessel to 200 degree Celsius?

The other thing i might as well drop in here for anyone with the knowhow, how realistic is it to create whatever pressure that is required, by hand? Just trying to formulate a concept design, i'd hire someone with the education if i had the money, but alas, that is not how this world works.

Any help muchly appreciated :)

Hugh

Hi guys and girls, new here, been pulling my hair out trying to work out the answer to this one with nothing but a physics gcse which was a rather long time ago, i'm feeling a little pickled! :D

I'm probably about to set myself up to look like an idiot but here goes, quick simple question:

In an enclosed vessel, what pressure is required to increase the temperature of the air within the vessel to 200 degree Celsius?

Use the combined gas law:

[math] \frac{p_1 V_1}{T_1} = \frac{p_2 V_2}{T_2} [/math]

So at constant volume we have [math] \frac{p_1}{T_1} = \frac{p_2}{T_2} [/math].

Hi, thanks for that info MC, i've cracked open a beer so i think i'll wait till tomorrow to read up on that law, right now it is all double dutch :D my physics lessons and such focused on how far a ruler would slide per cm of stretch on a rubber band, this is rather beyond my education :D