Palm Bluetooth

MolecularMan14

Ok, so on my new Ziew 72, I have built in Bluetooth. What exactly does that let me do? What sort of magical things can I now accomplish with bluetooth built into my palm? Is there an extension for my PC, that will allow my palm and PC to communicate?

What exactly does bluetooth do?

its an unsafe wireless connection allowing for many things, however it is unsafe and can be hijacked easily using very basic home made software, consequently whilsts a good breakthrough in technology it never really took off.

its an unsafe wireless connection allowing for many things, however it is unsafe and can be hijacked easily using very basic home made software, consequently whilsts a good breakthrough in technology it never really took off.

Don't be silly, it's meant for peripherals. Even with direct line of sight it's only got a range of about 10-15 feet.

sure its only made for short distances things, doesnt make it safe... bluetooth is not secure channel and can be picked up from longer distances with a more powerful reciever... like wirelss mouse/keyboards only work at a few meters, but are you telling me radio waves therefore cannot travel long distances?... im not sure of 100% details, but i have seen bluetooth been used over longer distances of several hundred feat.

I doubt that severely. The transmitters are tiny, and it is not designed to work over a distance of more than a few feet. Try picking up your wireless keyboard from 100m using a "more powerful receiver", and you'll see what I'm talking about.

my wireless keyboard uses radio waves NOT bluetooth... i think that bluetooth can travel distances, maybe this is an unusual case maybe plam has smaller transmitters than other devices, but i believe that bluetooth is capable of travelling longer distances. or long enough to hijack in the house a few doors down the road, not mega distances.

Dave, I am not well versed in e-m radiation, but surely 5614 has a point. If you have a powerful enough receiver you should be able to pick up the signal. If it is designed to operate smoothly and reliably over 10-15 feet, it seems reasonable that, in favourable circumstances and with more receiver power (I guess that's as much antennae configuration as amplification and processing?)you could get something out to the couple of hundred feet 5614 suggests?

Where is my thinking faulty?

Later edit:

I see you answered my qestions in your last post that went out while I was writing the above. Are you telepathic? What sort of range do you get with that? :)