mention writing sites

mab

I just opened a small community for writers to share fiction and feedback—was waiting for members right now actually.

It's a LiveJournal community called Logorrhoea. I wasn't planning on letting it became very large, so it would be quite close-knit and open amongst ourselves. It's just started so there aren't really any members yet aside from me. You could take a look if you're interested. :)

NOTE: I need to update the Rules page, so stuff you read there, particularly in the first section, is probably all going.

it might be a good idea to get any original work Copyrighted before submiting it for publication :)

either leave the originals with a solicitor, OR you can put them in an envelope well sealed and post it back to yourself, the post mark is Legal proof of the date, and if the envelope remains unopened, you MAY be able to use this in court as proof of material ownership :)

Absolutely. Also be careful when posting stories online, mab, that you only post ones you've made for practice, rather than ones you intend to sell. Most publishers want first serial rights, and if you post something online for review and feedback they often consider that a form of publishing.