Alien-ated Youth

memekiller

Alien-ated Youth

They're the next step in human evolution. But they're just like everybody else.

At first glance, they look like perfectly ordinary first-graders scribbling feverishly on the blackboard, but there is something striking about the boy's deep blue eyes that suggests a maturity well beyond his years. Jake's in advanced classes and already reading at a third-grade level. Jan is the quiet one, but has a presence that immediately draws attention. Her predilection is toward art, though at the moment she is choosing to write math equations on the board, erasing them as soon as she's completed each of her computations.

Jake's mother is a teacher at this Baytown-area school, and worries that he may be ostracized by his peers if word ever gets out about his special gifts. "He questions everything because he wants to know," she says as her son draws a picture of a lollipop tree. "The questions he asks are not even age-appropriate."

These children tend to know things without ever being taught or told. Jake's companion Jan "can use a compound bow very well," says the girl's grandmother, Jill Spence. "She can shoot a BB gun; she goes fishing." It just came naturally to her, Spence says. She can't explain it.

They go by many names, such as Star Kids, Indigos or Crystalline Children. Whatever they're called, believers say this group of prodigies started appearing about 30 years ago and may now make up as much as 90 percent of the population under ten. They also exhibit strange side effects, like a higher resistance to pollutants but an increased sensitivity to sugar and food additives. These are babies born with an inherent knowledge of art, language and spirituality, possessing an impressive wealth of wisdom. Some will even go so far as to say these kids are not only prime candidates for the gifted and talented program, but the next step in human evolution.

Parents and those who study these children have been asking themselves why here? Why now? Theories about their origins range from spirits entering from other planes and dimensions to chosen ones delivered from heaven. Some even suggest aliens have been abducting and manipulating the DNA of these children and their parents to prepare us for when they make their presence known. The one thing all these groups do agree on is that the kids are out there, and they're coming to teach us a lesson.

the kids are out there, and they're coming to teach us a lesson.

YES!!!

COME MY PERFECT BRETHEREN!!!

RID THE EARTH OF THE INFERIORS!!!

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

seriously, if these kids read this article, they would be laughing pretty hard.

"After a few moments, she says that Jake probably feels she's betrayed his trust"

"Because they're so advanced, the kids don't feel like they have to obey."

no, they don't feel like they have to obey because all adults are constantly underestimating their abilities, and they react to that by ignoring adults so that they can keep their abilities at their peak for the longest time possible.

"'They don't know how to process all the energy that's coming through, so they overload and react fairly badly to it.'" i'd say that the adults in their lives are the ones that don't "know how to process all the energy that's coming through", and the adults, judging from the article, seem to fear the kids' power. so they react in a way that allowes them to use as much of their power as they can, and stay as powerful as they can, because the adults keep trying to make them do things too slow.

the "past life" excuse these kids are using seems to be the only thing the adults will believe, whitch is why they use it. if they use it, the adults stop questioning for the moment and let them stay at their fast pace. i don't believe that they really did live any "past lives"

"To help, Brahm suggests including the children in the decision-making process, even allowing them to determine the punishments they should receive for infractions." NO, you idiot! if the parents want their childrent to be the best they can be, they have to think of their children as their equals. "allowing" and "including" will not help if the parents do not trust that their kids can actually make such decisions on their own.

"Krull agrees that teaching kids they are capable and special can be positive, as long as they are not taught they're better than anybody else." again, "capable" and "special" are bad. they shouldn't be taught that they are better than anybody else, as was said, but they should never be though of as worse than anyone else either.

"'Children don't have the ability to take all of the knowledge of life into account.' For that, they need parents to guide them." precisely. guide, not control.

"Krull has seen many parents complain that their kids aren't reaching their full potential because they're bored in school. But he says this is often because children might decide that not doing homework is better than doing their best and getting only average grades." ok, this is like me. it has nothing to do with "deciding that not doing homework is better than doing their best". it's ALL about trust. if the parents don't trust their kids, the kids don't trust their parents. then it's the kids' job to make the parents realize this, without spoiling their parents. by not doing homework, they are showing their parents that grades don't determine intelligence. by disobeying their parents on many other accounts, and still functioning normally (or pretending to), they are showing their parents that their way is more right for them than their parents' way, even if it's not.

so i say, go my perfect bretheren, never allow others to make you imperfect. go do as much as you can until you can't do any more. don't wait until college as i have, do everything you can while you have the chance, before someone else does.

*edit*

and if you haven't noticed, this is exactly what i was saying in half of my "fear, the source of all evil" thread

• 2 weeks later...
The term Indigo Child was coined 17 years ago by Nancy Ann Tappe, a parapsychologist who developed a system for classifying people's personalities according to the hue of their auras,

Oh, that's just pure class. Parapsychologist, are those the guys they drop in behind enemy lines to talk about the inner child?

got ya, Myths are like Legends then, possibly based on truth but been exagerated over years, fiction being Totaly concocted :)

a bit like Bible refs and some of the posts here, one`s Legend and the other`s total Fiction... yeah, I can how the `Shrooms may play a part in it :)

edit: Non of the Guilty were mentioned </sarcasm>

I think myths have cultural supernatural origins and they don't necessarily have any basis in reality beyond popular belief. Fictional characters come from literature or other entertainment areas. Legends are usually based on a real event or person and are just very embellished.

Oh bugger! I've been sacrificing newly born cows to Cthulhu and Shub-Niggurath for five years for nothing!

You feel bad... I have been sacrificing 1 indigo child to him every full moon now for 10 years.

"You feel bad... I have been sacrificing 1 indigo child to him every full moon now for 10 years."

Well indigo children are EEEEVIL! Cthulhu is probably turning in his bed for such bad sacrifices! And most likely having a really awful nightmare of Bush winning the damn elections again; after that, Cthulhu's coming is the lesser of two evils!

Edit: "Possibly also special mushrooms, in this specific case."

It's the people from Lapland/Siberia that eat mushrooms, not H.P. Lovecraft :(

"So THAT`S how Santa and his Raindeer can "Fly" :))"

Believe it or not, there was an article about the Santa-myth that went something like this:

Step 1. Lapland-guy feeds a reindeer some death caps.

Step 2. Lapland-guy drinks the urine of the reindeer.

Step 3. Lapland-guy sees a red man riding a reindeer in the sky.

What? I checked the dictionary and it said death caps. We have it here EVERYWHERE. Almost every Autumn, some of those buggers (white dots, red caps) spawn in the damn backyard! They're great in the aspect of being powerful hallucinogens, yet not too deadly. :) That is, if you absolutely must eat "magic mushrooms". :D

About the dictionary, because it's a rather bad one, I think the mushroom we're looking for is "fly agaric". Amanita Muscaria is its latin name.

http://peyote.com/jonstef/flyagaric.htm yep, that's the one.

I notice the author of the article in the Houston Press is a certain Dylan Otto Krider.

Now I thought the article was strange, at first, definitely rubbish, and actually it quite annoyed me. And to think all of those reactions were captured in an anagram of his name. icon12.gif

ODDITY ROT RANKLE

• 1 month later...
Guest THE NERD
Alien-ated Youth

They're the next step in human evolution. But they're just like everybody else.

At first glance' date=' they look like perfectly ordinary first-graders scribbling feverishly on the blackboard, but there is something striking about the boy's deep blue eyes that suggests a maturity well beyond his years. Jake's in advanced classes and already reading at a third-grade level. Jan is the quiet one, but has a presence that immediately draws attention. Her predilection is toward art, though at the moment she is choosing to write math equations on the board, erasing them as soon as she's completed each of her computations.

Jake's mother is a teacher at this Baytown-area school, and worries that he may be ostracized by his peers if word ever gets out about his special gifts. "He questions everything because he wants to know," she says as her son draws a picture of a lollipop tree. "The questions he asks are not even age-appropriate."

These children tend to know things without ever being taught or told. Jake's companion Jan "can use a compound bow very well," says the girl's grandmother, Jill Spence. "She can shoot a BB gun; she goes fishing." It just came naturally to her, Spence says. She can't explain it.

They go by many names, such as Star Kids, Indigos or Crystalline Children. Whatever they're called, believers say this group of prodigies started appearing about 30 years ago and may now make up as much as 90 percent of the population under ten. They also exhibit strange side effects, like a higher resistance to pollutants but an increased sensitivity to sugar and food additives. These are babies born with an inherent knowledge of art, language and spirituality, possessing an impressive wealth of wisdom. Some will even go so far as to say these kids are not only prime candidates for the gifted and talented program, but the next step in human evolution.

Parents and those who study these children have been asking themselves why here? Why now? Theories about their origins range from spirits entering from other planes and dimensions to chosen ones delivered from heaven. Some even suggest aliens have been abducting and manipulating the DNA of these children and their parents to prepare us for when they make their presence known. The one thing all these groups do agree on is that the kids are out there, and they're coming to teach us a lesson.[/quote']

Jake is most likel on crack like you and smells of rotten cheese. Also like you. ALIENS DONT EXIST AND IF YOUR ALIENATED THEN YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

... Am I the only one that, upon reading the title of this thread, was really enthusiast to see it being about a youth that was eaten by an alien ?

From the article :

Woah, doing simple tasks is an unexplainable phenomenon ? Yeeee !

They go by many names, such as Star Kids, Indigos or Crystalline Children.

Funny names. Is'nt it really, really wrong to point out persons as being apart for their mental aptitudes ? Especially refering to them as (rumored) extra-terrestial life ? I can't wait until mentally challenged people are refered to as orcs or trolls. :-(

Is'nt it really, really wrong to point out persons as being apart for their mental aptitudes ?

I dunno, I think I'd kind of enjoy being labeled as a demi-god by my gullible idiot parents.

Hell, it'd make being a teen so much easier. "Hi, mom, I'll be in my bedroom with these 3 human girls, erm, 'examining the human form'. Don't disturb us for about 4 hours, or the experiment will be ruined. And some booze would help the experiment too."