Ultimate vacuum

I don't want to distract from your specific intent with your post, but it raises the issue, imo, of whether such a thing exists as absolute absence of particles, since particles don't really have absolute boundaries but only various forces that extend from them. So, if you presume that some region is enclosed by particles in a way that excludes any other particles from being inside that region as "content," then the question is why the boundaries of the container themselves do not extend into the interior of the region you've used them to create. E.g. you have constructed a container out of metal and pumped it completely empty - are the outer electrons of the metal walls of the container then filling the interior of the container or are they adhering more to the nuclei of their respective atoms?

lemur: Erm.. are you suggesting that no container can hold the outside pressure for ultimate vacuum inside? or are you suggest that even the container is strong enough, still it's most outer electron will loss bond and filling the interior of container? I'm asking this because the behavior of anti-matters which cannot be confined in whatever materials. I wonder if we can create an ultimate vacuum and wrapped it with strong magnetic field, shouldn't we able to do that?? :confused: :confused: