Chemistry Science Projects

RachaelShort

I'm in year ten and I'm looking for an idea for a science project involving Chemistry that is capable of winning a sectional science fair. I'd like an interesting idea that the judges might not have seen before and it must include something that I can test. I want to do something very different and interesting,

Thanks,

Rachael :)

I was helping my sister in year 10 with a very similar type of assignment not so long ago. In my search for an appropriate experiment for her, I came across this site:

http://www.practicalchemistry.org/

Even though I ended up designing a completely different experiment for her that involved her visiting the local university for equipment and supervision, I found it to be a very good site for high school level experiments. If you have any questions or you like one of the experiments and feel like tweaking it a little (or you don't like any of them and want a different suggestion), you are most welcome to come back and ask us. Alternatively, if you have a particular interest in one or another area of chemistry and would like experiments to do with whatever that may be, I/we at SFN can probably come up something that would be suitable for you.

Good luck!

Edited by hypervalent_iodine