Dinosaurs

TheLobo1544

I think crocodile, shark and also comodo was a living relict of dinosaurhuh.gif

Well.. i'm living in Indonesia, but there was no dinosaur fossils found in my area..is there any conditions in the past or geological formations that being dinosaur's places to live?

Well.. i'm living in Indonesia, but there was no dinosaur fossils found in my area..is there any conditions in the past or geological formations that being dinosaur's places to live?

Shark certainly is not a relic of a dinosaur, it's a fish! Crocodiles a reptiles, which aren't descended from dinosaurs, and a Komodo (I believe) is a lizard, again not descended from dinosaurs.

With respect to geological formations, then I'd suggest that somewhere with lots of igneous rock is unlikely to have fissils as the lava would melt them! Sedimentary rocks would be more likely.

Shark certainly is not a relic of a dinosaur, it's a fish! Crocodiles a reptiles, which aren't descended from dinosaurs, and a Komodo (I believe) is a lizard, again not descended from dinosaurs.

With respect to geological formations, then I'd suggest that somewhere with lots of igneous rock is unlikely to have fissils as the lava would melt them! Sedimentary rocks would be more likely.

I've just realised I forgot the word not in that first sentence redface.gif

Is it possible to edit post6s by the way?

I'm not certain about this, but I think sharks were around as a species in the same general time period as the dinosaurs, so they are absolutely not 'descended' from them. The same I think is true of crocodiles.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a close up of that part of the vertebrate cladogram, you can see Crocodylomorpha (crocodiles) splits off before Dinosauria (dinosaurs). Also not Aves (birds) is within dinosauria and modern lizard and snakes are in Lepidosauria. post-44856-0-04559700-1303272667_thumb.jpg