does anybody know any experiments

boris_73

does anybody know any experiments which could get me on tv and get a free conical flask, because i could send the experiment to brainiac 2 and if they pick me ill get to go on tv and win a sort off trophy which is a conical flask attached to a wooden board

also just watch brainiac 2 your self is brilliant in recent episodes they have thrown rubidium and ceasium in huge water baths which humans get in not the chemistry water bath they have explosive of the week so far there has been black powder detonating cord and a metal cutting charge which they cut out a shape of a person, they also put things in microwaves which you should nt do eg a ballon filled with hydrogen this does nt sound impressive but if you light a tooth pick and put it in a microwave sanding up it creates something similar to ball lightning, well basically its allthe fun things of science explosives, electricity, women. the fun things of science, they are also trying to distroy a black box they have tried blowing it up with napalm cannons shot at it etc its on sky one thursdays 8pm

Pull a David Hahn and construct your very own breeder reactor! Or then don't. A good experiment is always an experiment that has something to do with explosives, however. :) I recommend the isolating KClO3/O4 from match heads, then burning the potassium (per)chlorate with sugar, it's an easy one, and lots of fun. :)

Edit: Wow, those sound extreme! Maybe that KClO3-thing isn't enough... Why don't you get some iodine crystals and make them into nitrogen tri-iodide with ammonia. When it's dry, it's a high explosive that can be set off with a touch of a feather! Be careful with it though, it throws iodine vapor all over the place.

i dont really think its those kind of experiments they want i suppose i could think of something to do with explosives though eg what would happen if you exploded 100 water melons that would probably get aird they do things like that all the time

hmm, you could do a nitrogen trichloride synth, then oxidize it, a bit of magnesium shards (NOT POWDERED) and a little iodine with a solution of conc perchloric acid, barium nitrate, calcium and cobalt carbonate, sodium fluoaluminate, lithium carbonate, and strontium carbonate and nitrate.

the above would cause a powerful immediate explosion, with a very hot multicolored flame lasting a good long time afterwards.

hmm' date=' you could do a nitrogen trichloride synth, then oxidize it, a bit of magnesium shards (NOT POWDERED) and a little iodine with a solution of conc perchloric acid, barium nitrate, calcium and cobalt carbonate, sodium fluoaluminate, lithium carbonate, and strontium carbonate and nitrate.

the above would cause a powerful immediate explosion, with a very hot multicolored flame lasting a good long time afterwards.[/quote']

Oh my dear God !! :eek:

Have yu actually EVER done this ??

Where on Earth did you get all that stuff from ?

by virtue of the fact that he was able to post that, the answer is NO :)

good call.

those chems are more or less easily obtained through chem sites like unitednuclear and household things. the nitrogen trichloride would have to be synthed at home due to its crazy properties and lack of availability. iodine is expensive, so i'd need to purify it from tincture, a really annoying process. perchloric would be a bit difficult for need of catalysts to oxidize the chlorine to +7