Working bussines idea - dehumidifier in car?

KerbeR

I dont know if this goes here but I need opinion of someone who knows something about bacteria and general science.

This is one small business idea that i am developing and it goes something like this:

If i create plastic cocoon/seal around car and i put dehumidifier in it - will i only dehumidify car or i will remove odors like cigarette smoke, sweet etc. Or if i dehumidify the car and then humidify it again with some kind of anti bacteria resole will that humidity penetrate deeper into car and in some way sterilize it. I have watched some shows i think it was brainiacs where they created something similar with sleeping mattress. They removed like a liter of sweet. This is working business idea. Question is what will client get for they money if i dehumidify car and then humidify it again with antibacterial resole and then for third time dehumidify.

My question is would I kill bacteria and fungoid that produce odors.

Sorry on bad English.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Most cars already have dehumidifiers. They are called air conditioners.

I have been interested in scaling down of commercial dehumidifier/desiccants for residential use.

A car as opposed to a house must quickly get filled with outside humidity. A car that sits does get moldy in many climates.

One can buy those little jars filled with desiccants if the car sits. Indeed air conditioners knock out humidity as they lower it to the temperature that holds less humidity. So it would be cheap to turn the air conditioner on in the car while a jar of desiccant sits in it. The desiccant would take a while to work, then fill the car with perfumed air quickly? I think it would be better to kill the mold too though. A pan of chlorox has some effect on it if it evaporates but can't be splashed anywhere.

The commercial models can be recharged- left to dry then used again to hold moisture. The jars can only be used once.

All the under water cars from the midwest/northeast I have assumed were goners. But maybe there is a way to reclaim them.

There are odor bombs (creates a scented fog that permeates fabric and carpet) for cars that sell for around US$20. Your process would either have to be cheaper or remove odors that other products couldn't.

As I understand your process, you would remove excess humidity, then humidify with some kind of antibacterial agent (resole? This doesn't translate, it means to put new bottoms on shoes). Finally, you would be dehumidifying again, most likely leaving the antibacterial agent in the car. The process sounds time consuming and expensive (over US$100, is that what you're expecting?). I could see a need for it with extreme odors (skunk) or for people sensitive to odors (some people can't stand greasy or smoky smells in their immediate environment), but this seems like a limited market. How much were you thinking of charging? Sometimes a higher price tag can be attractive if you can guarantee to remove any odor.

Also, I think you are talking about sweat, not sweet. Sweat is perspiration, sweet is how sugar tastes.

All the under water cars from the midwest/northeast I have assumed were goners. But maybe there is a way to reclaim them.

Ooooh, good market. I hadn't thought about that.