How fast can you count?

Martin

How quickly can you count to twenty?

I found that in 30 seconds I could count to twenty 6 times------so on average it takes me 5 seconds to count to twenty.

this is saying numbers aloud

(do it quietly so as not to attract unfavorable attention of the other passengers on the omnibus.)

I got about 3 seconds, however, I think that is primarily a result of only counting to twenty once.

I wouldnt bet on it's being a result of only counting to 20 once as I expect people vary a lot as to how fast they can talk

I speak only average or below average fast (save on rare occasions)

so you might naturally take 3 seconds to say the same syllables as I do in 5.

but I wish you would make a better test by repeating

like, count to twenty (aloud) five times and see if it takes you 15 seconds,

or what the average is.

7 times complete and I counted to 9 on my 8`th go before my 30 secs were up.

edit: just out of interest, I only did 5 complete and 2 remaining in German :)

double edit: I got 4 complete and 5 remain in Russian.

tripple edit: I scored best in Japanese with 9 complete exactly (it`s like poetry that lang is!)

lol, ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, nana, hachi, kyu, jyu, jyu ichi, jyu ni, jyu san, jyu shi, jyu go, jyu roku, a teacher just walked by and i lost my place. lmao. She thinks im crazy. :)

hehehe mental case on the loose!!!! :)

that`s quite odd, your nums are different to my teaching???

Ich Ne San Yon Go Roku Shichi Hachu Ku Jo (not correctly spelled sure, but you`ll note the differences phoneticly in just the 1 to 10). any idea why?

I`m fairly sure mine were the cardinal numbers, my wife a Karate teacher also uses the same numbers as MoleculeMan too, esp during Katas?

I`m wondering if it`s like our:

One : First

Two: Second

Three: Third

type of thing perhaps?

• 4 weeks later...
hehehe mental case on the loose!!!! :)

that`s quite odd' date=' your nums are different to my teaching???

Ich Ne San Yon Go Roku Shichi Hachu Ku Jo (not correctly spelled sure, but you`ll note the differences phoneticly in just the 1 to 10). any idea why?[/quote']

Nope, in Japanese there are some different numbers that are used in different situations. On the phone, you say (seven) as nana, while when speaking it in person, you would day shichi. :)

It's complicated, but it's a lot of fun to speak with one another in Japanese.

• 2 months later...

Molecular, you counted 9 times up to 20 (and then some) in I guess you mean 30 second.

I found I could count to 20 six times in half a minute. But I am comparatively slow. Obviously you naturally talk fast and debate may have helped too, because in debate you have to be very clear and articulate so it must really exercise the brain-vocal pathways.

Here is my initial post. I was actually thinking about the Jedi Units then, and i wanted a name for a time unit that was 222 to the minute.

And it occurred to me that probably 222 to the minute was about as fast as a person could count. so I called the unit a "count".

thanks for the update. Good luck in the debates!

How quickly can you count to twenty?

I found that in 30 seconds I could count to twenty 6 times------so on average it takes me 5 seconds to count to twenty.

this is saying numbers aloud

(do it quietly so as not to attract unfavorable attention of the other passengers on the omnibus.)

Obviously you naturally talk fast and debate may have helped too' date=' because in debate you have to be very clear and articulate so it must really exercise the brain-vocal pathways.

[/quote']

Actually, Im not much of a fast talker in person, but debate is another story. True, articulation is key, and speed is a must if you want to finish answering all the other arguements, and finally get onto some offense :) I would suggest debate for anyone political (most debaters are hardcore liberal- Im an exception) and make better arguements, especially against some friends who would like to talk politics :P

thanks for the update. Good luck in the debates!

Thanks man :D