Time

HelloSkitty

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of this theory?

• OMG LOL!
    • This... could possibly be valid
    • I don't care
    • It's creative, but very wrong on multiple levels
    • You're a moron.

I don't recall where, but I heard a quote that, "a black hole is what you get when nature divides by zero". At first I shoved it to the back of my mind and disregarded it as nonsense, but later I started thinking about it again after learning about time dilation when high numbers are involved.

Could it be possible that the Planck time is like the dt for the universe, and each next phase is calculated by a giant computer that uses Euler's method? If this is the case, a black hole really could be when nature divides by zero, and as numbers get bigger (close to speed of light or high gravity near black hole), it takes longer to do certain calculations, so time slows down around those parts. Since a computer uses only 0's and 1's, it can't have full accuracy as to where something should exactly be. That is what allows for quantum teleportation on small scales. Perhaps its a really complicated computer, so instead of just 0 and 1 for no electron and electron, it also has -1, for positron. When a positron gets too close to an electron on the circuit board, they annihilate and singe a part of the computer. That is the energy release from matter+antimatter here.

This theory was also fueled by the fact that I don't really believe in entropy (uncertainty), so theoretically (in my mind) given an initial condition and a fast computer, the future could be foretold. Obviously, that would cause some contradictions, so maybe nature's computer is the fastest there ever could be.

I have no evidence to back this, only consistences. So it's more a thought question than an actual theory. There are probably lots of problems with this perspective, but I do think it goes well with Occam's razor. No entropy, no uncertainty, etc. I would also explain why we can't talk about the universe between time 0 and the Planck time. Comments, anyone want to yell at me for being a total scatterbrain?

Yeah, I probably make this account just to post this and witness reactions...

Edited by HelloSkitty

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.

Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).

Person B attacks position Y.

Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed