EMF brainwave entrainment

i thought electromotive is one word? wtvr, who cares

i've also heard of it as electromagnetic field, i did it in electronics with electromagnets.

electromagnetic field is easy to make, just make an electromagnet and then that gives off an electromagnetic field.

EMF as in ElectroMagnetic Force, yeah but how can i dictate the frequency of the field created.

is there an equation for the frequency of the EMF. something do do with the current and the voltage i assume.

(sorry, this is turning into more of a physics question now)

so we have:

electromagnetic force

electromagnetic field and

electromotive force,

but i think we are talking about the electromagnetic stuff fields and force!

to electroMagnetic force is dependant on the strength of the electromagnet

yes i believe we are talking about the same thing.

i don't think the strength of the magnet determines the frequency, the frequency is no relation to energy, or amplitude.

this is why i'm stuck, if I wanted to alter the frequency what would a change on an ordinary electromagnet. would i alter the voltage, current, no. of turns of wire around the core, or something else???

to change the strength of an electromagnet:

you can increase the current, it is the current which makes the magnetic field, reducing the resistance and making a higher voltage all increase the current

the number of coils makes a difference, the more the better,

you want a soft iron core inside the loops

I have recently been researching brwainwave entrainment and am wondering if anyone knows any plans or schematics on how to build an EMF generator that could be used to entrain your brainwaves?

Thanks

Phil

This is a bad idea. You don't want to use anything that will directly interfere with your brain's electrical current. The experimental machines they use in medical facilities are precisely build with a knowlegable staff to operate them.

What you could use is a device that will produce sound and/or light at specific frequencies that will induce certain brainwaves. To build one of these you could use one of those electrical sets that include transistors, resisters, wires, speaker, etc. You could also create a software program to do it that would take advantage of the computers internal electrical components. Why do this though? You can download several of these programs for free. Just go to one of those big shareware sites and get one. I downloaded one called brainwave generator once but never tried it. Be careful though; some people have reported side effects such as headaches and insomnia after using one of these.

:) If u want to generate a frequency then fix a oscilator of your required frequency in series to the electromagnet. (OR one capacitor or inductor calculated for your frequency. Do u need help in it???)

Delta 0.1-3 Hz deep sleep, lucid dreaming, increased immune functions, hypnosis

Theta 3-8 Hz deep relaxation, meditation, increased memory, focus, creativity, lucid dreaming, hypnagogic state

Alpha 8-12 Hz light relaxation, "super learning", positive thinking

Low Beta 12-15 Hz relaxed focus, improved attentive abilities

Midrange Beta 15-18 Hz increase mental ability, focus, alertness, IQ

High Beta above 18 Hz fully awake, normal state of alertness, stress and anxiety

Gamma 40 Hz associated with information-rich task processing and high-level information processing

These r the frequency for the mind wave generation

Why do this though? You can download several of these programs for free. Just go to one of those big shareware sites and get one. I downloaded one called brainwave generator once but never tried it.

I also have tried brainwave generator, and It worked, but the effects were weak, so I will try this, youi can call me crazy but I will make sure it is safe.

I will try it at extremely low current and voltage and work up based on effect.

OR one capacitor or inductor calculated for your frequency. Do u need help in it???

actually.. yes i sdo need help, mm well I know about what the frequencys are used for, but I want sumthing with variable frequencys, any kind of variable capacitor type thing around?? if not, mm would you mind telling me how the capacitance relates to the frequency?

thanks

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I made a device using an XR-2206 function generator, a couple capacitors, a couple resistors and a 30V power supply. my coil was about 1000 ft of 22 gauge magnet wire with a diameter of about 20cm it sits nicely on my head I call it my "Enlightenment Halo" lol. I use a variable resistor to change the frequency for 1.5hz - 22hz. I do not notice any difference in my mood or level of wakefulness and I do not have a EEG machine to check for any entrainment. but it puts out near perfect sine waves. I cost me $10 CDN to construct.

• 2 months later...
This is a bad idea. You don't want to use anything that will directly interfere with your brain's electrical current. The experimental machines they use in medical facilities are precisely build with a knowlegable staff to operate them.

What you could use is a device that will produce sound and/or light at specific frequencies that will induce certain brainwaves. To build one of these you could use one of those electrical sets that include transistors, resisters, wires, speaker, etc. You could also create a software program to do it that would take advantage of the computers internal electrical components. Why do this though? You can download several of these programs for free. Just go to one of those big shareware sites and get one. I downloaded one called brainwave generator once but never tried it. Be careful though; some people have reported side effects such as headaches and insomnia after using one of these.

this is exactly what i get headaches and insomnia with ear aches with these electric shocks i get almost every nite. I did go to a nurologist at the VA (nuts). I still believe its some force coming thru the concrete floor. xray or lasor or microwave....something external. I started to wonder it its a wolferr speakers on the ceiling at the apt below causing the bumping, then the electric shock maybe a short...I feel like im getting cooked its horrible.

last night new years eve i kept moving the bed and finally it stopped.

This is a bad idea. You don't want to use anything that will directly interfere with your brain's electrical current.

Like a recreational plasma ball? Interferes big time with neerby electrical equipment.

What you could use is a device that will produce sound and/or light at specific frequencies that will induce certain brainwaves.

lol, you are verry 80's

On a serios note though I think technoligy should progress and improve over time. Im not sugesting we should abandon all caution, just some of it.

Timetes, you probbably have a nerological condition or perhaps muscle cramps, sometimes people get falling or loud noises when trying to sleep that seem to be external. I got to thinking my nightime (probbably tired induced) tinutus must be something external once but I know that it is not as there is no way it can be.

Edited by alan2here

I recommend a clipping circuit driven by a digital output with a switch connected to a counter which would determine the bit rate fed out. There would be lots of control opportunities in this scenario. A simple Wien Bridge or Twin-T configuration which is what I'm pretty sure you're thinking about could be kind of dangerous in terms of electrical.........not biological. You'll probably want to make the frequency generator and then use it to modulate a more powerful output by way of a class A or AB amplifier, class AB for all you environmentalists. Although you could build a high powered frequency generator it probably would be a litle distorted not unlike this project(I say this with all respect) lots of clipping. You're gonna want to have coupling to isolate between stages. The frequencies you're talking about, at high powers, generate some pretty high currents even at low voltage. All you need is to pass out because of some EMF craziness while your make shift electrical device is catching fire. Why would you want to super-impose such a blunt high output magnetic wave on your brain anyway, it sounds pretty redundant? As you have stated already there are devices that exist and they are effective in trivial fashions with the effect being reproduced more effectively in other ways eg. take a pill.................... I would like to see a device which externally applies radiation to the brain in a localized fashion, that's why I read this post! I don't think a powerful EMF generator is the way to go about doing this.

• 3 weeks later...