Bush denounces cloning in State of the Union speech

fafalone

This evening President George W. Bush stated that he supported legislation that would ban all human cloning.

This is a clear example of conservative religious politics being used to stifle science. It signals a growing rift between scientists and conservative politicians like Bush, who consult the Vatican on their policy for cloning.

I heard Bush speak on my radio and I am not to critical of the presidency. He did propose the hygrogen engine cars thing and by keeping my saneity between the clapping after every sentance; I did hear some other thing.

Whats sad is how the people of the U.S. (maybe other countries) and the president, are on seperate parallels. Religion is becoming more faint in my mind and many friends I have ethier don't care about religion or care in their hearts, but never give it a thought. I believe that people (esspecially children) don't take it as seriourly. Compared to only one hundreds years ago when our grandparents prayed until knees were bloody and lets not even mention centuries of religious injustice in Europe.

I also believe that many people in the United States view the middle east as a big religious sore. People see religious wars there and think to themselves "Religion causes so many problems. These wars have been going on for hundreds of years." And after a while people see it better not to revolve their lives around religion and just view it as a innercomfort kind of thing. You see it everywhere with people already not going to church, not parying, or; GOD forbid, eating meat on Sunday. Peoples minds don't see religion as a big part of their lives.

Eventually, cloneing will be legalized and orginizations will be making human body parts. It has nothing to do with religion, so I just wish politics would catch up to the thought of peace and take some worth while risks.

We have the right as Human beings, to put a dog to sleep because it's in to much pain. But we do not have the right to end our own live no matter how much pain our ninety year old arthritic bodies are in pain. And esspecially no hope for the mentally retared or parilized people. God's people make the decisions.

Originally posted by PogoC7

I heard Bush speak on my radio and I am not to critical of the presidency. He did propose the hygrogen engine cars thing and by keeping my saneity between the clapping after every sentance; I did hear some other thing.

Don't be taken in by Bush's wish to appear 'eco-friendly'.

The hydrogen for those cars has to be refined, bottled and shipped. Guess where the energy for those processes will come from?

Guess where the energy for those processes will come from?

Companies need to hire some people to figure out if more oil is being used to produce and bottle the hydrogen than it would be just to use the oil in combustion.

Originally posted by blike

Companies need to hire some people to figure out if more oil is being used to produce and bottle the hydrogen than it would be just to use the oil in combustion.

I found a nicely accurate and objective appraisal... guess who from :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2705607.stm

(And unless you had a minimum complete process efficiency of 100%, yes it would be.)

• 3 weeks later...