What Statistical Analysis should I be using for this data?

EmThree

I did an experiment recently (don't laugh) where I showed pigeons videos of another pigeon solving a problem. There were 6 groups of 4 birds each. The first group didn't see the video (control), the second group saw it once, the third twice etc. etc. etc.

Now that I have this data, I have absolutely no idea what sort of analysis I can do with it...and I am not familiar with many tests either. Can anyone help me here?|

My data table looks something like...

Groups: 1 2 3 4

Pigeon 1 results

Pigeon 2 results

Pigeon 3 results

Pigeon 4 results

with each Pigeon 1-4 being a different pigeon in each group...if you understand what I'm saying haha

Edited by EmThree

I did an experiment recently (don't laugh) where I showed pigeons videos of another pigeon solving a problem. There were 6 groups of 4 birds each. The first group didn't see the video (control), the second group saw it once, the third twice etc. etc. etc.

Now that I have this data, I have absolutely no idea what sort of analysis I can do with it...and I am not familiar with many tests either. Can anyone help me here?|

My data table looks something like...

Groups: 1 2 3 4

Pigeon 1 results

Pigeon 2 results

Pigeon 3 results

Pigeon 4 results

with each Pigeon 1-4 being a different pigeon in each group...if you understand what I'm saying haha

Hi, The anaylysis is where you sum up your findings at the end, you havent given these so I cant give you an example. I think it depends mainly on what results you got, if for instance there was no correlation or anything with the birds seeing the video and them not seeming to be affected,that they show no reactiona dn don't seem to be able to memorise, images and sounds infront of them. That would be you analysis.

However, If each set of pigeons did have a vairied reaction you would have to state this. And maybe add a conclusion, and also a prediction of what you thought may have happened. As for test I am not sure you can do many with pigeons.. haha.

How did you results bare out?

Truth.

Basically it depends on what kind of data you have and also somewhat what you want to test. Assuming that your data appears to be discrete (I guess something in the line of solved the problem yes/no or how many times), usually a chi-square is can be used. Note that I am only guessing what you want to test, though.

Edited by CharonY