Screen Capture Utilities

Fellowes

This is a Help Me thread. I started because I am interested in making some of my own videos like the Red vs. Blue Halo ones escept with a different game. I was just wondering how I should go about doing this? What are some good screen capture utilities that I could use? Also I was wondering about sound and how to put in custom voices, almost like a movie script.

well, basics: you can press the 'print screen' button above 'insert' on the keyboard, mine is called 'prt scr' for short, this makes a copy of the visible windows... then go into paint or some such and click paste, to paste the image.... note, this doesnt work for most movies, DVDs and in windows media player or DivX, there are probably other places it dont work, but those are the ones i have discovered, it will work in every game i've tried so far... which is quite a few.

also see:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5689

for video making ways... additionally, use the search button, there may be other threads on this topic, if not search google for video recording programs.

yes i like computers loads..... thanks! ask away, i had to teach myself everything i know, which means there are gaps in my knowledge, i've never really had someone i could properly ask for advice, i know how it feels, ask away, if i can, i will answer you.

or a webcam

or a digital camera with movie facilities would be great

or any camera

or any video recorder

basically, the more you pay the better FPS you get.... free stuff will never be as good, thats the sad way of life, unless you go illegal.

I want an internal program though to capture the game footage as I go. Not to record it off the screen. I realize that the more you pay the better it gets too, was just wondering what are some good ones, prices dont mean anything right now. The guys at Red vs. Blue use some programs from Adobe.

• 2 weeks later...

well thats what the professionals use and yes obviously it will cost... what do you need this video for anyway? just personal use?

if so, it doesnt need to be super high quality and also why not just find some cheap screen recording program, im sure they exist, its just a case of finding it.