A Metaphysical Continuum?

rigney

Other than arguable conjecture, is there a reason why such a phenomena might not be happening at this moment? Or has science enlightend us to the point where We know such a thing is impossible? Could our universe not be moving freely out into the "unreal-estate" of a Continuum as this statement is being made?

I don't know what a "metaphysical continuum" is.

Gosh!, I would have thought someone with your "aplomb" and Knowledge of physics as you seem to have, woud jump on that right away to help correct or contain my ignorance.

Metaphysical: Adj.

Having the form of an empirical hypothesis, but in fact immune from empirical testing and therefore literally meaningless

Continuum

A continuous extent, succession, or whole, no part of which can be distinguished from neighboring parts except by arbitrary division.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Having read my own post. I've realised that a great many things - ideas, social constructs, human actions etc - could be considered 'Metaphysical continuums'

I don't really understand what is metaphysical continuum too. I guess it exist all the time. metaphysical "things" exist in the minds of humans as ideas. The existence of humans, and when the ideas are passed on, enable the metaphysical things to exist.

They call it meme is it ? an equivalent of genes, but in information form.

Metaphysical: Adj.

Having the form of an empirical hypothesis, but in fact immune from empirical testing and therefore literally meaningless

Continuum

A continuous extent, succession, or whole, no part of which can be distinguished from neighboring parts except by arbitrary division.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Having read my own post. I've realised that a great many things - ideas, social constructs, human actions etc - could be considered 'Metaphysical continuums'

Using the word metaphysical was not intended in any sense to give the slightest thought of being empiracle. I had to look the word up after you used it in your statement to even know what it meant. I'm sorry, but I neither have the education or knowledge to iterate .99% of what I put forth. My intent is, if someone can glean and grasp the slightest nuance of my ramblings; then I'll be more than content. The continuum thing? I simply believe that our universe is diverging, not expanding out into it. Hey! even you might get something out of my prattle. Have a good one.

If you don't understand the meaning of the words you use, it's best not to use them.

What, in your mind do you mean by 'Metaphysical continuum'?

On what do you base the assumption that the universe is diverging into it?

How could you best explain you ideas? Either with data or observations. Or possibly with an analogy or thought experiment.

If you don't understand the meaning of the words you use, it's best not to use them.

What, in your mind do you mean by 'Metaphysical continuum'?

On what do you base the assumption that the universe is diverging into it?

How could you best explain you ideas? Either with data or observations. Or possibly with an analogy or thought experiment.

The words aren't alien, nor are their general meaning lost on me, Tomg. I only gravitated to the word "empirical", since I hadn't used it, and was unsure of your agenda. Pardon me, but since I now believe what you really had in mind was not an answer to your question, but a show of consternation on my behalf as to your mastery of the subject, lets you and I forget this conversation.

Edited by rigney