Sir Isaac Newton's apple tree sample to defy gravity

ajb

• 3 weeks later...

the apple falling on his head is a myth. but he did say that the apple falling from the tree is what inspired him.

i'd hardly call it a relic. unless you call everything in a museum a relic as its really just a historical artefact.

It reminds me a relic. There is nothing important in it, nothing historic, it is just a piece of wood. Because Isaac saw it, (or had a thought about it) it became part of History? I find that completely, terribly, awfully, infinitely stupid.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
unless you call everything in a museum a relic as its really just a historical artefact.

That's a good subject for another thread.

well thats you're opinion then isn't it.

as it stands, the apple tree isn't part of science at all. it has bog all to do with any theory as laid down in the papers that discuss the actual science.

any attatchment to the apple tree is down to the fact that us humans (as a generalization) are sentimental. the attachment isn't scientific, merely emotional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.