Gordon Brown and "Bigotgate"

Pangloss

Hey, how come none of our UK members started a thread on this? I saw this on the news last night and was blown away. What a moment!

In a nutshell, apparently what happened is that Gordon Brown was talking with a woman when she asked about immigration from Eastern Europe, and when he got back to his car, not realizing his mike was live, he called her a "bigot".

I'd love to hear what our UK friends think of this event.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/04/gordon_browns_campaign_disaste.html

Here's a YouTube video of the event:

jFl_evwML2M

In a nutshell, apparently what happened is that Gordon Brown was talking with a woman when she asked about immigration from Eastern Europe, and when he got back to his car, not realizing his mike was live, he called her a "bigot".

Incidentally in relation to another thread, without the press we would not have this sort of thing happen very much.

Hey, how come none of our UK members started a thread on this?

Because no-one takes any notice of anything he says at all anymore, he is a moron and we've all had enough of his BS - as he will find out next week when his government is voted out of office.

As Nick Clegg said afterwards, we have all said similar things after talking to someone we disagree with. His only crime was getting caught. Who cares?

"If we all had recordings of what we mutter under our breath we'd all be crimson with embarrassment... Gordon Brown has now gone out of his way to apologise. He was quite right to do so' date=' and I think that's that."[/quote']

Gordon's policies and track record are the reason we shouldn't be voting for him. Not this.