Question About Nasa's New Horizon

JFerstler

Alright, here's what I understand. After it flies by Pluto, it just goes off and sooner or later leaves the solar system, I assume I'm correct on that. After that, can is still transmit radio waves to us? Can is still send us pictures?

Yes, it's only limited by its power source and the strength of its radio signals. If I recall correctly, it'll collect so much data during its flyby that it'll have to spend several months after the flyby transmitting the data back. There's also the possibility it could fly by an object past Pluto, if there are any near its path.

Yes and no.

Yes bcoz of its power and signal strength as said peviously

But no bcoz still we dont know how is the medium beyond our solar sustem nor its bahaviour. there is no guarantee that it will still be able to transmit signals. I say that bcoz refering to voyager that were sent and are said to have flown beyond our solar system or the universe, we never received any more about them except the few images they got passing near some planets as they were flying away.

the voyager missions are still on going. they haven't transmitted anymore pictures because there was nothing to look at. the voyager missions are expected to continue until 2020 and all intstruments will need to be shut down in 2025 due to a lack of power.

they are still providing valuable information about the heliopause and the interstellar medium. also, we do know the properties of the interstellar medium as we can observe it from right here. it will not provide any barrier to communication as radiowaves pass through it fine.

the voyager missions are still on going. they haven't transmitted anymore pictures because there was nothing to look at. the voyager missions are expected to continue until 2020 and all intstruments will need to be shut down in 2025 due to a lack of power.

they are still providing valuable information about the heliopause .

I read that astronomers hoped that the nuclear batteries& steering rockets of both probes will continue to work for 10years but that was long time ago. Voyager 2 passed near neptune in 1989 before it began to depart the solar system. I don't think it is still exploring the heliopause 21years after.