Cigarette lighters

ydoaPs

Ok, my uncle works for a heating/cooling company. He installs heating/cooling systems. He wants to take a microwave oven to work to cook hot pockets for lunch.

Is there a safe way to ghetto rigg the microwave to one of those adapter that fit into the cigarette lighter in cars?

Is ther and adaper like that that has a plug in on it?

It’s possible but you would need a VERY heavy duty inverter. And then it would run down you battery VERY fast. You don’t have to do any then special. Just go to the store and buy one, although they may not sell one rated 800-1000 watts that you will need.

wrap the hot pocket in some tim foil and shove it by the cars exhaust manifold, I`ve even baked potatoes like that in the past! it works great and uses no more energy from the car than you`de use anyway buy driving to work :)

http://www.hilltoprv.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=565

This is a microwave with a 700w inverter. They are asking $200 (I guess US) for the microwave and inverter. However, I know here I can get a 750w inverter for around $60, and a small microwave such as this for about $30 or 40.

The trick, go to your equivalent of walmart, check out the microwaves, find one with the smallest wattage consumption you can, then by an inverter that produces a bit more power.

He also might consider checking out solar ovens. I hear some can produce well over 350 degrees (f), more then enough to warm some hot pockets.

or' date=' as previous pointed out by yt, on his jokes thread,

if your dad has a computer, use this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml

it might not produce exactly the food that your wanted, but hey, its cooked food all the same, just on a grill instead! :)[/quote']

Lol :D

I didn't know they had kept that on the site.