Doom3 Discussion

Fellowes

read a review from tomshardware. and they say that its just a graphics demo. not much gameplay.

Doom3 is much more than just a graphics demo. It gave me a feeling I have never experienced the first time I ever played it. It such a suspenseful game. Every time you enter a room it's so scary. It is a very dark game which also adds to the excitement of not knowing when something is going to pop out and start clawing your face. The sound and lighting is exceptional in Doom3. The lighting creates such a scary real life environment. The sounds are also very disturbing. Those voices in the really dark rooms are very scary so I find anyway. Your surroundings through-out Doom3 are also awesome. The blood on the walls and the sounds and the graphics engine that Id uses makes almost any object in the game moveable. The cinematics could maybe use some better graphics but the way they are presented are just like a movie. Every time you meet a new monster (mostly only the bigger ones) there is an awesome cinematic so you know whats coming. In all its HATS OFF to Id Software and Activision for this 'Masterpiece of the art Form'. The only downsides i have come across with Doom3 so far is that the system requirements are asking alot of your machine and the fact that multiplayer will only run on a Broadband connection or higher. I run Doom3 on my mahcine at the lwoest settings for better performance when I could most likely use two settings higher. You don't need a super-machine to run Doom3 (although it does help :) )

I was also wondering how far some people are in the game. I am only to the lower level Delta Labs but I could still maybe help out with before that. I also know how to defeat the Cyberdemon at the end of the game if anyone wants to know. I'm no SuperDoomer but I like to help people. lol

One more thing. I was wondering if anyone here plays Iron Storm? Well that's all for me for now. Reply as much as possible please. I want an interesting thread.

Thanks everyone.

You mean alternate cameras and stuff? There are alternate cameras in Doom3. You just have to know how to get them. I will admit though, the alternate cameras aren't the greatest graphics and detail wise. It is possible to play with different cameras though I have before. Just get the console down and type in some codes. Worked for me. But whatever, this is a discussion thread you can choose to not like it it's your opinion not mine!

I like my Mac. I will not give into the majority and support the evil that is Bill Gates!!! *ahem* Anyway... Agreed. I don't see why more companies don't make things for Macs, just more money for them right? But, then, they don't want to take the time to change the game so it works for Macs.

Yeah I know what you mean. But if companys would make more programs and such for Macs it would be money in their pockets because there are not many companies that support Mac and there are more Mac users than you think. Think of how much money they could make... You should start developing programs for Mac. You own one.

I'm 16, I've never worked a day in my life (unless you count chores) All I've made is a little thing where a dragon breathes fire, and a colourful little dancing thing that goes to Strong Bad's techno. (go to Homestarrunner.com if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Hahaha oh sweet. That's pretty awesome. I am on the computer wuite a lot too. I learned a bit of HTML source but never really bothered. I decided to go with encoders instead:). I'm only 14. Are you on this site because you are persuing a science related career or occupation?