If you lose account of what happened, are you the same person?

Nisou

If you dont remember ever doing something that people said you did, then, are you the same person as the "person" that actually did the "thing"?? does every second of life determine who you are, if even 1 second was missed, would you be the same person?

Well, as far as that goes, I don't remember much of my childhood. I'm fairly certain I am the same person however. Also, I have one friend who insist I did this or that with him back in the day, but the problem is that much of this took place before we met. Also, people get things confused.

I tend to believe that every event in life makes you who you are right now. Even if you have forgotten something, I highly doubt this would make you a different person.

seemingly people have different ideas about what "loosing memory" means and includes.

for instance, if you properly lose your memory, then you cant remember anything, but you can still talk, becuase that isnt part of you're memory, thats the "talk/audio" section of your brain.

memory only includes the past, so i say, our action are based on our past experiences, so if you lose your memory, can you remember how to act in a certain scenario or not? is that data stored in your memory section of your brain, or in another section?

to be honest, i think it depends on the individual and what exactly they lose. we dont really know enough about the brain to know the certain answer to this question.