Queer CD Pissin Me Off

NavajoEverclear

Burnable CDs i stole from my dads office. I burn, and then i cant access the songs, accept we this fancy five-changer stereo mabobber, and it does work on that, but in any of the other players it doesn't even seem to start spinning.

I might be able to figure out by simply asking my dad what kind of CDs that he bought (it doesn't say on them, they are completely blank accept a serial number), but the purchase was crap, probably because he didn't know what he was buying. Like those garbage bags without the ties. My parents need to let me do the shopping, cause no offense but they aren't competent buyers.

So do you know what the problem is so i can buy my own blanks and not make the mistake my father evidently did. I didn't even know there were different kinds of cds really.

there are a few different sorts of CD, IIRC, there`s comething the 74 min ones and the 80 min, and then there`s DVD types. not only that, but sometimes a bad batch does occur (it`s happened to me). or some will burn but a month later no matter how much care you take, the data will become corrupt :(

have you tried a KNOWN working blank and copied onto it, then done the same with one of your dads after? it might be an idea to try that, that way you`ll know it`s the CDs and not something else :)

(I think this is true). you have to burn the discs at speed lower that your readers maximum reading speed. i.e if u burn at 52 and ur cd player can only read at 4. then i dont think it will work. Is this true??? cos i heard it somewhere. maybe its not.

well. the thing is when i burn to a blank CDR my cd player recognises it. well at least when i copy an audio cd anyway. never tried burning mp3s to a audio cd on CDR. but when i burn mp3s onto an audio CD on a CD RW, i never can play them.

I am now wondering if people are trying to play mp3s through CD players, stereos etc.

I've seen it happen many times. A lot of new players come with that capability though.

Burnable CDs i stole from my dads office. I burn, and then i cant access the songs, accept we this fancy five-changer stereo mabobber, and it does work on that, but in any of the other players it doesn't even seem to start spinning.

Maybe it's a CD-RW. Many players only support CD-Rs..

the codec specs are a standard, but from there it all depends on firmware in the reproduction device, for instance I can do MP3,CDDA, VCD, SVCD on my dvd player, it may not recognise a different format though, and would need a re-flash :)

hope that makes some sense? :))

my sony mp3 cd player recognises mp3s even if they are burned as a data cd. :) is there a difference between that and a mp3 cd

mp3s should be burned as data.

I'm thinking that if you burn CDA as data or mp3 as audio they may not work unless it's a very smart device.