Do I have the flu?

dstebbins

Here's the gist of my problem:

I did NOT get a flue shot this year.

Alkaselzer doesn't work.

When I scratch an itch, I feel like I'm ripping my skin right off, and the feeling lingers for a few minutes.

Fearing the worst, I did a google search on how to tell the flu from the common cold. Here's what I found.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2173382_tell-have-flu.html

On the first test, I don't know for sure if I have a fever (I have no thermometer), but I definitely feel like I do.

Cough? Sore throat? Stuffy nose? Yeah, all three of 'em.

Diarreha and vomiting? No. Weakness? Yes.

I can't afford to go to the doctor because it's too damned expensive.

Any thoughts?

If you think I most likely have flue, what kind of OTC medicine would you suggest I go and pick up?

You appear to not know what spam is. That was an attempt at humor.

Spam is defined as a completely irrelevant post that in no way, shape, or form, contributes to the discussion of the topic at hand.

So yes, it was spam.

In regards to the original OP.

Your answer, can only be given to you directly from a Phisician, so go and see him.

This place is not the place where you can get prescribed medication. Otherwise, it would be an irresponsability and I don`t think (imho) that anyone around here will fall in your attempt, to do so.

:eyebrow:

You really really want a thermometer if you're not going to be going to a doctor. Why do you care if this is a flu? If your symptoms are severe, you need to go to a doctor. For a fever you can take some OTC drugs; aspirin or acetaminophen can reduce fever. You should read all the warnings and such before taking any medication.