Help needed with BitTorrent (Azureus)

bloodhound

Bit torrent worked fine upto now. If you use azureus u will know what i am talking about. the little smiley health indicator next to the torrent names. They are always stuck at yellow instead of green nowdays.

I have forwarded all the appropriate ports. (6969 and 6881-6999) and enabled uPnP port mapping in my router. nothing seems to be working.

Try using different ports, in the 45-46,000 range or something.

BT always locks my computer up, even if I limit the number of connections. no chance someone is performing a DOS on me is there?

When you use BitTorrent, or just generally?

file still download. but a bit pissed as i used to get green all the time. maybe the ISP has done somethine due my huge amounth of download

It's a lack of remote connection is what it is. There's nothing significantly wrong with it.

http://dessent.net/btfaq/#ports

try this website, its not really to do with what you lot are talking about, but it should answer most of your bit-torrent problems, and it tells you about forwarding ports, which gets you more speed, thats if you are behind a router, network, and maybe firewall, i cant remember, but it might b a long website, but its usefull, check it out

How is Azureus?

I used to use the default BT program' date=' but now I use Shareaza.

It's much better at finding sources. I remember once I downloaded @ 2 MB/s on my dsl. :)[/quote']

what speed dsl, r u on 512KB/s ???