ECA stacking in weightloss experiment

This was popular I believe in the late 1990s and probably the early 2000s.

Taken from the wiki article on ECA stacking to explain it. "The ECA stack is a drug combination used in weight loss and as a stimulant. ECA is an acronym for ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin. Dietary supplements based on or including elements of ECA were popular through the 1990s but the marketing of ephedra- or ephedrine-containing stimulant combinations for weight loss and bodybuilding is now restricted or illegal in the United States and Canada due to reports of heart attack, stroke, and death associated with these supplements".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

How Does ECA Stack Work?

Ephedrine

Ephedrine has been shown to increase the effectiveness of thermogenesis (fat burning) in the body. It has powerful effects on the cellular mechanisms that control fat release from fat cells. Some of these effects include contributing to the release and blocking the re-uptake of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine. This gives norepinephrine the ability to continuously stimulate receptors in your body, causing fat cell "flood gates" to open and facilitate fat loss. The Chinese herb ma huang (Ephedra sinica) is the chief natural source of the ephedrine family of compounds, although there are other minor sources, such as Sida cordifolia.

Caffeine

The second key thermogenic ingredient caffeine is a methylxanthine that stimulates hormone-induced fat burning. The caffeine in the ECA Stack comes from kola nut and green tea extract. Caffeine works by increasing free fatty-acid concentrations and adrenaline levels. This results in greater lipolysis (oxidation of fats for energy), which can drain your fat stores over time. This change in a muscle's utilization of energy substrates can have a profound effect on fat loss. Caffeine also heightens mental alertness, which can positively affect your motivation to exercise and create the caloric deficit needed to lose body fat.

Aspirin

Aspirin is the popular name for acetysalicylic acid. It raises the body's internal "thermostat," so that the increased production of heat, which is typical of ECA products, does not set off alarms in the body. This allows the ephedrine and caffeine to work in your body for a longer period of time, giving you the maximum fat-burning potential.

Ephedrine is now banned in all Australian states, though an isomer known as pseudoephedrine which is available over the counter in most pharmacies in Australia (though it is highly regulated) has been suggested to be a substitute to ephedrine.

Main idea of this was taken from other 'stacking' combinations used the health community and also some of the mainstream thermogenic combination ideas used such as hydroxycut (which was banned along with its fellow ephedra based products in the early 2000s I believe).

In combination with hard training and decent dieting Im attempting the substituted ECA stack. I have already been training at the gym over the last year, so this is not purely a couch potato method to lose weight with minimal effort, simply an experiment to assess the effectiveness of this stack that is widely debated about in various groups. The substituted PE has been suggested to provide limited if at all any effect in the stack though other sources point to it increasing the effects of the caffeine.

the stack would need to be cycled 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off due to tolerance issues.

Basic idea is a ratio of 1:10:10 or 1:10:15 PE:C:A.

I have started with 30:300:300 and will monitor heat rate, fat loss, etc over a period of time. Also looking into monitoring BP, and recording any physiological effects that may be caused by the amounts of the components (especially with two being stimulants).

Main effects I am assuming will happen:

- increase in body heat.

- increase in shaking which was suggested a main side effect of the original ECA stack (motor agitation).

-increased energy and reduced need for sleep (for decent sleeping patterns the dose will have to be taken early in the day to prevent insomnia).

-depending on the sensitivity of the person to drugs such as caffeine, could expect psychological effects. anxiety, etc.

So ideas people. Please don't flame me with how bad this will be though I do appreciate constructive criticism.

There is avery good reason this was banned and made illegal in several countries. it increases risks of heart attack, stroke and death.

if you're going to the gym to lose weight successfully then keep doing that. no point in getting fitter just so you can wreck your body with an outlawed cocktail of chemicals.

i really do advise you not to do this.

I went to the gym quite often and wanted to find a way to shed off a little more body fat and tried a EC stack (no aspirin) and while I did lose weight it felt very jittery and uncomfortable. Also upon a doctors visit he reported I had a never before heat murmur. Aspirin also increased the danger of this stack so all in all I really wouldn't recommend it, beset way to lose weight is to gain muscle which will burn fat to support it's self.