pyrotechnics

frankie

You first have to apply for a BATF licence and once you obtain one ( you will have to pass an extensive background check) From there Im not shure. Why are you looking into this area of disscussion?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Why is your interest in pyrotecnics, Please respond. I am in the same field as you.

does anyone know what qualifictions you need to become a pyrotechniction
The first step is not to listen to people who tell you the first step is licensing. The second step is education. How much chemistry do you know? What is your education level? What country do you live in? What is your experience level with pyrotechnics? Answers to these questions will help us give you a more effective answer to *your* question.

Phil is right, What country do you live in? If you dont want to be a licenced Pyrotecnicn, you dont have to be, But if you want to work with the public as far as Pyro displays, you need a licence. The only advice I have is to go online and look for info for this area of interance. I dont know why Phil condoned me because in the United States, you need a BATF licence if you want to persue in this field. I know this

for fact because I have a good friend who has this licence for over 40 yrs.

This is in the US only.

I dont know why Phil condoned me because in the United States, you need a BATF licence if you want to persue in this field.
"Phil" did NOT condone what you said, lucky45. Just the opposite, in fact.

The first step is not to get licensed, it's knowing a bit about what you're doing in a dangerous field. And there are many steps before BATF will issue you a license, such as possession of an approved magazine for storage of your explosives and a spotless criminal record.

Depending on where frankie lives, I would advise getting a job with someone who is already licensed and is in the business of putting on pyrotechnic displays. That way you get the training, the connections and the experience without the liability involved. If they also require you to be licensed, then they can probably help you with that as well.