Can energy create new space and stretch time?

NoLogic

Let there be a point where only space and time exist.

Let that be the only point that exists.

Let there be a point where only space and matter exist.

Let this be the only point that exists.

Lets say a link was made between the two Universes.

Let this link allow sharing amongst the two points.

Lets say due to the new elements presented to the two points energy is created.

Would this new element stretch the time and space amongst the two Universes?

I can`t see how "space" can exist without a defining element or border, and that requires matter.

as for time, it requires change to define it, and to change it would need elements that are changable, ie/ matter or space (and space needs matter for definition).

that`s my view on it :)

im just trying to determine that if it was possible have a universe where matter(Energy) (*Consider that time it self can not be considered a form of energy) did not exist, but space and time did.

How would its time and space be effect it matter was suddenly presented.

I can`t see how "space" can exist without a defining element or border, and that requires matter.

But like somebody else has said in another thread - what is the universe expanding into?

That what really brought up this question in my head, i have come to a conclusion that as energy is presented to a empty space it energy expands the boarders of the space. Therefore as long as there is energy the space will expand indefinitely.

But like somebody else has said in another thread - what is the universe expanding into?

void, nothingness. the universe is only a section of the ruler, the rest is being created as we expand. outside there is nothing, no space, no time, no matter, these things only come into being if there`s matter there, until that point it`s a perfect void :)

void, nothingness. the universe is only a section of the ruler, the rest is being created as we expand. outside there is nothing, no space, no time, no matter, these things only come into being if there`s matter there, until that point it`s a perfect void :)

Well there has to be something, otherwise we wouldn't be able to expand into it.

void, nothingness. the universe is only a section of the ruler, the rest is being created as we expand. outside there is nothing, no space, no time, no matter,

Well i disagree, since light waves travel faster then any speed matter can, they are constantly expanding the boarders of space, since to have energy you will need space and time present. Therefore you have space and time with the absence of matter.

as pointed out in my 2`nd post here, time or space needs something to define it. a photon will work just as well as matter, the distance between the photon peaks and troughs in it wavelength will define distance and therefore space, it`s speed will define time from the photon back along it`s path of origin. :)

Well there has to be something, otherwise we wouldn't be able to expand into it.

It's a problem of expression. There isn't anything being expanded 'into', the universe is just expanding. The bad phrasing of the initial question takes us to bad places which no don't hit me no I don't want to go under the stairs again please no no no where we don't want to go.

Sorry to go off topic, but I just really curious why you have the word "end" spelled out in bold letters across your first post.

As to the question, I would imagine, like YT said, that space and time cannot exist seperatly without matter or energy. I really don't know, though. Just trying to keep some of this post on topic.

But wouldnt the surface of the earth be a boundry?

depending on your criteria, yes it would.

Earth is a sphere with a specific diameter, that alone gives it a known geometric status, and thus a "boundry" or Limitation as I`de call it :)

depending on your criteria' date=' yes it would.

Earth is a sphere with a specific diameter, that alone gives it a known geometric status, and thus a "boundry" or Limitation as I`de call it :)[/quote']

Thats exactly what i meant thank you.As a sphere the surface of it would be its boundry.