Folding@Home???

Guest ViperX883

Guest ViperX883

What do you mean full screen operation... you mean why doesn't the client maximize its size??? I don;t know honestly, no one has ever asked. Are you using the graphical version???

BTW, molecularman... sounds like a good idea. A more provacative title will definitely attract more people.

What do you mean full screen operation... you mean why doesn't the client maximize its size??? I don;t know honestly' date=' no one has ever asked. Are you using the graphical version???

[/quote']

I'm not sure what you mean by graphical version. It just kept me from going fullscreen in halo.

Guest ViperX883

Oh... do you have the graphical client, ie the one that runs in the system tray as a little folding icon and if you click it it brings up a window that shows a protein, tells the project name, progress, etc??? If you are, that version of te client has been known to cause some issues with games. I recommend getting the text console version instead. It is faster and more reliable.

Are you guys folding anonymously, or for a team???

Oh... do you have the graphical client' date=' ie the one that runs in the system tray as a little folding icon and if you click it it brings up a window that shows a protein, tells the project name, progress, etc??? If you are, that version of te client has been known to cause some issues with games. I recommend getting the text console version instead. It is faster and more reliable.

Are you guys folding anonymously, or for a team???[/quote']

Yeah, graphical. I'm anonymous.

Guest ViperX883

Mikel: Try getting the text console version. It is faster and will not interfere with other programs the way graphical version does.

badchad: I'm really not sure... various scientists choose which proteins to study, probably based on what is relevant to their research.

For all you guys folding anonymously, it would be great if you would join up with the EOC Folding@Home Team 11314. We have the best stats ANYWHERE on teh web (that's a guarantew) and a great bunch of guys there to help out. I fold for that team and it's great. If you're interested, check out one of these links:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

http://forum.overclocking.com/forum13.html

Hope to see you guys there!!!

Mikel: Try getting the text console version. It is faster and will not interfere with other programs the way graphical version does.

Wait, if I delete my current folding program, won't that interfere with the 51% done meaning I won't be at 51% done on the new program or something? I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Guest ViperX883

I have never tried it before, but theoretically if you place the console client executable file in the same directory where your current work unit is stored (the folding@home directory most likely) and start it up, it should pick up at the same spot where the graphical version left off.

• 1 month later...
does anyone know of any other distributed programs like folding or seti? I have both, but Im always looking to help out a good cause. (that and I like the feeling that Im always being productive)

2cpu.com has a whole list of DC projects on the forum.