Hawking cracks black hole paradox

To be fair, Event Horizon didn't imply that they were. The black hole was used to open a doorway to "somewhere else" - there wasn't any evidence that it was the only door that could be opened, or that it was a doorway that the black hole somehow "selected" by itself.

As far as i understand it hawking radiation refers to a point on the edge of a schwarzchild radius (event Horizon), at which negative energy is ripped from energy allowing the energy to escape in the form of 'hawking radiation'. That sounds a bit far fetched so thats why im not sure its correct is it?

Also i just want to clarify whether or not the roche limit is a point where if you fall inside it you will inevitabley fall into the black hole PROVIDING you make no attempt to escape?

Has anybody else read the book black holes a travelers guide? Fantastic book, very light as well, surprisingly, i urge you all to buy it and read it.........

Hawking radiation has little to do with negative energy, it's just a particle emission from a black hole, which can be explained by either quantum tunnelling or interactions between the event horizon and the quantum foam.

Hawking radiation has little to do with negative energy, it's just a particle emission from a black hole, which can be explained by either quantum tunnelling or interactions between the event horizon and the quantum foam.

Would you mind explaining this in a bit more detail? I am curious in that subject.

Edit: well, I just decided to look it up on wikipedia, and the explanation was quite simple. So nevermind.

• 1 month later...