result/coclusion

devrimci_kürt

A result is what you get from a measurement.

A thermometer will tell you the temperature. The value of the temperature (25 deg C) is the result of the measurement.

The conclusion can then be that "the heater is clearly not working" because you had expected the temperature to be 100 deg C by now.

Or the conclusion can be something else.

Sometimes in scientific papers, there is a large overlap between conclusions and results (they are almost the same) - because the paper only wants to communicate the results, and the authors have little to conclude.

Example - here are a set of results for Voltage V (volts), Current I (amps) and Resistance R. We are measuring V for a known Resistance of 2 ohms with varied I.

I=1. R=2. - measured result for V = 2

I=2. R=2. - measured result for V = 4

I=3. R=2. - measured result for V = 6

I=4. R=2. - measured result for V = 8 etc...

The values measured for V are a set of results.

If we then plot V vs I from the above results then this gives a straight line with gradient R. We can conclude from these results that V is directly proportional to I for a fixed R.

Does this help? The values are the results. The statement that V and I are proportional is the conclusion drawn from the results.