Gay Marriage

bloodhound

I think so, as that's exactly my position. I believe no one has a right to interfere with gay marriage, and I believe no one has a right to stop me from making fun of them. That's live and let live.

I am not sure that is actually "diametrically opposed" in the sense that I meant

You seem to be saying that freedom of speech is as important as a persons right to be gay, and I wouldn't disagree with that, but I think their is a world of a difference between having a politically incorrect laugh at somebody else's expense and wanting to hang people because of their sexuality as can happen in several Muslim countries

I am not sure that is actually "diametrically opposed" in the sense that I meant

You seem to be saying that freedom of speech is as important as a persons right to be gay, and I wouldn't disagree with that, but I think their is a world of a difference between having a politically incorrect laugh at somebody else's expense and wanting to hang people because of their sexuality as can happen in several Muslim countries

But you were asking about Muslim's rights to denounce. There are no rights afforded to anyone that provides for hanging gay people, nor do I see any pressure to provide them such rights. That's why I don't see the diametric opposite as you do. They have a right to denounce, verbally, all they want, as long as they're not violating other's rights in doing so. That doesn't seem all that diametrically opposite to the idea of gay rights.

But you were asking about Muslim's rights to denounce. There are no rights afforded to anyone that provides for hanging gay people, nor do I see any pressure to provide them such rights. That's why I don't see the diametric opposite as you do. They have a right to denounce, verbally, all they want, as long as they're not violating other's rights in doing so. That doesn't seem all that diametrically opposite to the idea of gay rights.

:doh:

Good point! And one which I accept.