Multiverse

Rakdos

multiverse real or not  

1 member has voted

1. 1. multiverse real or not

• real
    • not
    • don't know

ok, how r they gonna be separated without the use of distance, huh?

Why do they have to be seperated? As I said, you're stuck around the concept of the universes occupying some place in a metaverse like stars in a galaxy (or somesuch). This doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at your eirlier definition of universe and u tell me

Why do they have to be seperated by some kind of dimension for one to be distinct from another? I'm not getting your justification for this.

how can they be distinct without being separated by your definition?

They can be distinct and still not be 'seperated' you know; as I said, look at the electrons. This is kind of axiomic if you're not assuming a dimensional system which the universes coexist in.

but electrons r particles' date=' not universes

wat u r saying is like if i say i can read, so my dog can[/quote']

What I'm saying is that since there is a prior example of something being able to perform the task called 'reading', there is a decresed unlikelyhood of something else sharing that property.

For instance, noone on this board can teleport. This affects our hypothesis of the chances of people being able to teleport, reducing them significantly.

Everyone on this forum can read, however, so with no prior knowledge of people you can say that the ability to read is entirely within the bounds of possibility as a property you could assign to a person.

To use your rather idiotic example, what I'm saying is that because you can read, it's therefore not impossible that your dog can too, with no other relevent data. The point about electrons was that it is possible for things to coexist in the same space and still be distinct, however as a point in my argument it was fairly irrelevent, because you still haven't answered my point about the existance of dimensions being an unwarrented assumption.

wat happened to the "no string theory bcuz it hasn't been proved yet?"

Given I neither suggested nor endorsed the link, I don't see how something someone else does in any way relates to my argument.

Re: 'There is no "space" for the "universes" to coinhabit.'

Yes, that's what I've been saying (as a possibility) all along.

how can space and another space take up the same space without being the same entity?

expalin it to me. the only thing close to it was that elelctron thing, yet the electrons aren't universes and they r in space.

how can space and another space take up the same space without being the same entity?

They're not 'taking up the same space', because that requires a concept of space to be applicable, strictly speaking. Of course, there still could be a concept of distance and still have 2 things be distinct, see the electrons previously mentioned.

expalin it to me. the only thing close to it was that elelctron thing, yet the electrons aren't universes and they r in space.

It's called an example. It doesn't have to be a identical, because it's only showing how a given property (in this case distinctiveness whilst sharing the same space) can exist.

I explained all this earlier, in my post about the dog and what have you.

ok, my thing about string theory wasnt clear. i meant to say that they are interconnected.

electrons and universes have diffferent properties, so what makes you think they can occupy the same space? the only way my chihuahua and i can occupy the same space is if i eat him. see, once u get macroscopic things r different.