Mars Life Nay Sayers to eat their Hats!

ExtraSense

We know what we're arguing about - rocks.

Look at the blue flower on the left.

As a biologist, are you ready to declare it a rock?

Because a smaller "rock" photographed next to this one, has the same color and the same shape and the same dimples as this one.

Never happens with the rocks, as far as I know :)

ES

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the blue flower on the left.

As a biologist' date=' are you ready to declare it a rock?[/quote']

Yes.

Until there is better evidence than shape association in the brain of someone who has provided no evidence that they know what they are talking about.

Because a smaller "rock" photographed next to this one, has the same color and the same shape and the same dimples as this one.

Never happens with the rocks, as far as I know

That only tells you "it may not be a rock". It does not tell you that it is a flower.

For a start, it could be a mineral deposit of some sort. That would easily account for the similar shapes, and it is far more likely than it being a flower, given the complete lack of an ecosystem.

Yes....given the complete lack of an ecosystem.

This is why you need 3D glasses.

The flower on the left, hungs over the surface, with its narrowest end pointed down. Not what you would expect from mineral deposits or rocks.

In the message 209 on this thread, you could see in 3D a cottonly berry totally in the air, meaning over the surface, on the very thin stalk. If it were rock, the stalk would not be able to support the weight of berry.

An ecosystem is an assembly of different components. And I show you objects, representing those components. So, there is ecosystem out there.

You can not claim absence of an ecosystem until you considered the candidates for being its components.

ES

The flower on the left, hungs over the surface, with its narrowest end pointed down. Not what you would expect from mineral deposits or rocks.

No, not what you would expect. Despite your fanatical devotion to accepting such innane possibilities as there being elephants on Mars.

In the message 209 on this thread, you could see in 3D a cottonly berry totally in the air, meaning over the surface, on the very thin stalk. If it were rock, the stalk would not be able to support the weight of berry.

I would dispute that for several reasons.

An ecosystem is an assembly of different components. And I show you objects, representing those components. So, there is ecosystem out there.

You can not claim absence of an ecosystem until you considered the candidates for being its components.

Do not presume to tell me what constitutes an ecosystem.

If you want to claim those are berries, you need to show evidence of the macroscopic avian or land-based life that consume them and thereby provide a means of dispersal. Even then you won't have a full ecosystem.

... your fanatical devotion to accepting such innane possibilities as there being elephants on Mars.

If you would check my website from time to time, you would know that I have reclassified the elephants as statues, not fossils.

I've made a mistake initially, happens to everybody :)

ES

If you want to claim those are berries, you need to show evidence of the macroscopic avian or land-based life that consume them and thereby provide a means of dispersal. Even then you won't have a full ecosystem.
Wind would do the job too. Think of dandelion.

Here is Article, that mentions Gusev Crater, and seasonal changes observed on Mars for decades.

Here is current article in the Asrobiology Magazine, about good chance that some spherules and "blueberries" like these are alive. LINK

Those could serve as a base of the ecosystem, since there is a lot of them on Mars. :)

ES

Wind would do the job too.

This suggests you don't know what a berry is.

Here is Article, that mentions Gusev Crater, and seasonal changes observed on Mars for decades.

Irrelevant.

Here is current article in the Asrobiology Magazine, about good chance that some spherules and "blueberries" like these are alive. LINK

Obviously you did not read the article very closely.

Those could serve as a base of the ecosystem

What ecosystem is that?

This suggests you don't know what a berry is.

I do not always mean berry literally, just as something that produces flowers and seeds to procreate. Like dandelion does.

What ecosystem is that?

One can imagine number of options.

For example, spherules convert Sun light and water into aminoacides.

They can be consumed by animals/insects, and so on.

They can be consumed by the mushrooms, and so on.

Their material can be consumed by the flowers/plants, and so on.

Plants can, alternatively convert Sun light and water into aminoacides, and so on.

ES

I do not always mean berry[/i'] literally, just as something that produces flowers and seeds to procreate. Like dandelion does.

If you want to be taken seriously in any way, you ned to say what you mean.

One can imagine number of options.

For example, spherules convert Sun light and water into aminoacides.

They can be consumed by animals/insects, and so on.

They can be consumed by the mushrooms, and so on.

Their material can be consumed by the flowers/plants, and so on.

Plants can, alternatively convert Sun light and water into aminoacides, and so on.

I think that "imagine" is a good choice of word here, seeing as there is no organic soil to evidence any such situation.

I think that "imagine" is a good choice of word here, seeing as there is no organic soil to evidence any such situation.

By organic soil you mean surface layer rich with decaying plants.

There is no proof that it necessarily has to exist for ecosystem to function, only the example of the Earth soil.

In the deserts you do not have soil, but do have an ecosystem, under the surface formed by sands.

ES

Everything in the desert is humongously adapted. You don't see some blueberries sitting around in the desert. Same with anything on Mars. You couldn't just have blueberries. They'd have to adapt humoungously and change and such until they are unrecognizable.

Oh yes, we DO NOT need 3d glasses, just mount the two views side-by-side!!!

By organic soil you mean surface layer rich with decaying plants.

There is no proof that it necessarily has to exist for ecosystem to function' date=' only the example of the Earth soil.

In the deserts you do not have soil, but do have an ecosystem, under the surface formed by sands.[/quote']

You really are stupid.

This has gone on for far too long.

ExtraSense: There may well be simple life forms on Mars now. There could have been simple and perhaps complex life forms in the past.

The evidence that has been returned from Mars so far is not and has never been evidence of life - it is only evidence of the planet's ability to support life.

Your interpretations of the images are a joke, your responses are offensive to the scientists who are doing all the work, and your ignorance of the basic science fundamentals rob you of any credibility you might ever hope to acquire.