ydoaPs

Does dark energy exist?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does dark energy exist?

• yes
    • no
    • what's dark energy?
    • I don't know

I just got an idea. What if there was no Big Bang. WHat if the expansion is the universes answer to gravity. You could say that the universe "wants" equelibrium, so maybe it is just compensating for gravity. I haven't anywhere near thought this all the way out yet.

i was thinking about this and it really makes some sense.(especially if you like the cyclic universe found in brane theory). think about it: magnets have positive and negative, thermal equelibrium, Lex II, ect...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dark energy doesn't exist.

The concept of 'dark energy' seems to be a contrivance being put forward to try to explain why the expansion of the universe seems to be accelerating. See http://www.er.doe.gov/Sub/Accomplishments/Decades_Discovery/43.html

I have been developing a cosmological model that takes into account the seemingly accelerating expansion without the need for any contrived additions to the constituents of nature. Almost all cosmological models make a common presumption that the expansion of the universe is isometric. They presume that the universe is akin to a balloon being blown up, with the galactic clusters being like spots on the balloon growing further apart. This could very well not be the case. The closest phenomenon to the Big Bang in the current observable universe are being called 'hypernovas'. They seem to be the source of what up to a couple of years ago 'the great mystery of random gamma ray bursts'. They apparently are rapidly rotating giant stars that in the process of collapse eject mass in the form of high energy 'jets'. My model assumes that shortly after the BB event the universe was akin to these hypernovas in that it was rapidly rotating. Unlike these stars it was much too hot to permit the existence of even subatomic particles. When it had expanded and cooled sufficiently to permit the formation of subatomic particles, they took the form of particles and anti-particles in the ratio of 1:1. The vast majority of the particles and anti-particles annihilated one another and erupted from the proto-universe in two gigantic jets. In one of the jets a small proportion of particles survived the annihilation, and in the other an equal number of anti-particles survived. My model assumes that the jet that contained surviveing particles has become what we call the visible universe, and due in part to the possibility that the visible universe may have an anti-matter copartner. if left to its own devises the two halves of the universe shall eventually collapse (or re-collapse) to where the BB originated. In the accompanying attachments I have made a couple of crude representations of possible histories of the model. © represents the universe at its point of maximum expansion from the BB. (d) represents the possible state of the current universe, where the visible universe could be increasing in size at an accelerating rate while at the same time be collapsing toward the BB point. It might be helpful to imagine a fountain of water jetting upward. When the column of water can get no higher it expands at an accelerating rate. NASA has produced a graphic animation of what they think a 'hypernova' would look like. This could also give you a pretty good idea of what I think could have happened during the re-expansion phase of the universe. It is at http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l1/bursts.html under the subheading "Race to Gamma Ray Burst Reveals Gigantic Explosion, Death & Birth".

aguy2

ps. Are the now intererstellar 'voyager' robots experiencing time substanually different than we do?

"There is a relatively high probability that we and the universe around us could be involved in an ongoing, staged process of self-creation; wherein and whereby the creator of us and the universe around us is attempting to create itself."

matter jet.JPG