Where are the best science/philosophy/arts etc forums on the web?

mzatanoskas

Hello.

I recently decided that I should use the internet more to get closure on all the strange and sometimes silly ideas and questions that occur to me for whatever reason late at night.

Googling "best science forum" gave SFN, so I registered here. I was wondering what other forums people use for science and other related subjects. What are the best forums, with the best posters (educated but noob-friendly)?

Topics I am interested in right now are:

Economics, Geology, History, Art, Medicine, Religion (pretty much everything really)

Any recommendations?

Thx!

Hello.

I recently decided that I should use the internet more to get closure on all the strange and sometimes silly ideas and questions that occur to me for whatever reason late at night.

Googling "best science forum" gave SFN, so I registered here. I was wondering what other forums people use for science and other related subjects. What are the best forums, with the best posters (educated but noob-friendly)?

Topics I am interested in right now are:

Economics, Geology, History, Art, Medicine, Religion (pretty much everything really)

Any recommendations?

Thx!

REPLY: I think this website is the best one I have found as to what you are looking for. It is devided into two sections: SCIENCE and PHILOSOPHY. In the philosophy section you can discuss most anything your heart desires and no one expects you to adhere to the rigors of a scientific discussion. The scientific side does. This web address is : http://www.sciencechatforum.com . Check it out, I think it will fill your needs as you desribed them. ...Dr,Syntax

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't speak Turkish but I'll check SPCF out.

I'm having real trouble finding specific well frequented forums for things like economics and art history. I'm not sure why they shouldn't exist though. When those topics feature as subforums, they tend not to have many visitors and the level of expertise is often questionable. Maybe forums are the wrong medium and I should look at mailing lists instead.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't speak Turkish but I'll check SPCF out.

I'm having real trouble finding specific well frequented forums for things like economics and art history. I'm not sure why they shouldn't exist though. When those topics feature as subforums, they tend not to have many visitors and the level of expertise is often questionable. Maybe forums are the wrong medium and I should look at mailing lists instead.

REPLY: English is the language used at the Science Philosophy Chat Forum. I have had a number of very satisfying discussions in the philosophy side of that forum. It is an active forum and you will get replies. ...Dr.Syntax