Hypnosis

Guest nelly

Guest nelly

I heard Paul Makenna on the radio once saying it doesnt work on every one and thats why they do the linking hands thing at the start of a stage show to get good subjects to work on.

Now I am thinking of quiting smoking through hypnosis and want to know if i am susceptible 1st. No hypnotist id going to turn down my 200 quid now are they? They will just do me anyway and take the cash.

Is there a way of finding out?

there are some that will only accept your money AFTER you`re "cured" and quite a few that will take your money and promise to keep treating you until you ARE cured, or you get your money back after it seems unviable to the practitioner.

seek these sort out :)

Guest coffeeclerk

i was hypnotized when i was 13 yrs old. but, i did not realize it for many years later. my mother had taken me and was afraid i would refuse if i knew what was suppossed to happen.

maybe my calm, unknowing brain allowed me to go under hypnosis.

it was a one hour session that felt like ten minutes, and cured my chronic bed wetting.

i suppose my mom could have refused to pay if it had not worked.

Guest coffeeclerk

i met and traveled with the late constance clear, while she promoted her book 'reaching for reality.' her area being physiotherapy, (i hope that is correct) she used hypnosis on her client group who believed themselves being abducted by aliens. after getting to know her and reading her book i want to believe her patience but have such a hard time in doing so. i wonder if under hypnosis, we can make up lies ?

i wonder if under hypnosis, we can make up lies ?

false memories can be created, sure. in fact it`s been contested in court on several occasions as to the validity of some statements made under hypnosis, due to uncareful wording or question biasing by the hypnotist.

Client: "I can see someone in the room"

Hypnotist: "can you describe what he looks like"?

right away you can see that the question asked has fed in false info to the client, because the client never said it was a `HE` :)

that sort of thing can and does happen, so it`s an involunatary "lying" if you like.

I have seen anaesthetic and some theraputic hypnosis work, yes. But exactly how it works is still poorly understood (especially by me).

Broadly, hypnosis is supposed to evoke an altered state of suggestibility, simply making the subject more open to suggestion. It is thought to do this by bypassing our consciousness and directly influencing the way information is treated in the limbic brain. For example, anaesthetic hypnosis is said to influence the way in which the limbic brain interprets incoming information, so that nociceptive (pain) information does not evoke pain-related cognitive and emotional response (which is the bulk of the pain experience), but instead evokes non-pain related responses. The patient is still aware of the stimulus but stimuli that would normally evoke a pain sensation is 'mis-translated' in the limbic brain and so carries different 'meaning'. Exactly how it does this, I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I make a SUGGESTION

Do what you WILL

This may HELP

Give yourself a BREAK

Why is it you think you need help to stop smoking. Could it be you are already under hypnosis? Under a SPELL?

You have the POWER to stop

"The Language is a virus"

Can I make a SUGGESTION

Do what you WILL

This may HELP

Give yourself a BREAK

Why is it you think you need help to stop smoking. Could it be you are already under hypnosis? Under a SPELL?

You have the POWER to stop

"The Language is a virus"

Why is it that in all your posts you write sentences that contain significant words in them???you dont add anything to the discussion...

Why is it that in all your posts you write sentences that contain significant words in them???you dont add anything to the discussion...

Are you in the head of every reader of this site?

Significance creates discussion and vice versa..

Hi,

I witnessed a stage show hypnotist back in the mid nineteen eighties. I did not participate but sat spell bound as my friends acted out many different suggestions put to them by the stage hypnotist. (Similar to the stuff you see on the tv and more explicit)

The offer was put to the participants that if they wanted to quit smoking he may be able to help.

At the end of the show those wishing to do so were fed a suggestion by the hypnotist. Now under his SPELL he suggested to them that a cigarette was/is made from plastic.

After the show severel of the participants lit up their cigarettes only to collapse in coughing fits.

The hypnotist explained that the spell/suggestion would weaken after a week or two. Especially if an individual persisted in trying to smoke, or consistently

told themselves they were not smoking plastic. Or others consistently told them.

Hypnosis is merely suggestion using the spoken word. We are subject to hypnosis from all forms of language all of the time, written word,spoken word, visual word. (Pictures create narrative and vice versa)

Because of the external world (outside the realm of the hypnotists stage)

It is very unlikely that one trip to a hypnotist would suvice, as his power is weakened as soon as his client recieves external stimulus.

To save yourself money try suggesting/hypnotising yourself. You could do this with a simple daily mantra. Every time you feel what some describe as a craving for nicotine, say out loud " I do not smoke" and repeat as often as you feel the need.

Try this also when you do not have cravings. It will create a good habit..

Eventually the body learns to be without nicotine and the mantra can be reduced accordingly... "Language is a virus"