Bowling pains

I have just started playing cricket. But we I bowl my hand gets really painfull pins and needles. I believe that the virtual centripetal force during the delivery of the ball as my arm makes a 360 degree rotation forces the blood to flow into my hand causing pins and needles (you get the same feeling if you swing your arm in a circular fashion at high speeds) I have asked other bowlers whether they have this type of problem and they replied 'You get use to it'.

Is there any way to stop the pain? (apart from getting used to it)

You might try wrapping your palm and forearm in an ace bandage, tight but not constrictive. Enough to help "squeeze out" the temporary higher blood pressure once you've finished the bowl, but avoiding starving your hand and arm while at rest.

The above is not medical advice =>.>=

Yea - I rekon you need to get fitter - do some gentle excersise over the winter and do some occasional bowling practice to build up the muscles. Hopefully next year wont be so painfull for you once you are fitter.

• 9 years later...