ask for greeting skill for "hacker"

Long time ago, I created my web site.I uploaded some songs, videos up to there.I just want to link them to files but many of them directly just press "save as.." or use flashget to download my items.

I want to have a skill to protect my files.

That's what I want to greet these hackers.Can anyone tell me what to do and how to make it?

You can't give people access to items and then stop them saving/downloading them. If you don't want things downloaded then don't put them on the net. If you do want them downloaded but only by certain people than password protect the directories as Dave said.

You can't give people access to items and then stop them saving/downloading them. If you don't want things downloaded then don't put them on the net. If you do want them downloaded but only by certain people than password protect the directories as Dave said.

That not like web site like Euro and mine..

Euro 2004 web site is protected from download video from it, it just links you to real one....How can it do?

You need a particular service on the server hosting the site, called a "streaming mount point".

This is not normally packaged with hosting services and you'd have to pay extra for it, plus you would need the proper software to make the streaming media files themselves.

QuarkQuarkQuark2001, as long as I read your first message, to me, and to other experienced internet users, can "save as" your files easily as long as all of your files are shown in your web page, people just have to check the source code/html, or go to temporary files to check the link........

are you creating your own web disk rather than a website?

One way to defend your files being known the link is not to make a page that links to it,...

Second way is to learn Java applet, which is better secure than such as asp, php, etc.....it makes harder for the hackers to find out the link, because the applet is binary java code, not only simple text like HTML.

hope it helps

Albert

well, dave, I assume Quark wants to share his videos and songs on his website, but on the other hand, he does not want people to "save as" them.......:D

thats why it makes things so complicated, bothering to use java applet....

if it is simple as a webdisk, then dont make a page that links to it :)