Earth Simulator

Zeo

Please forgive me is this isn't in the proper place....(like general disc. or biochem, or something like astro phys.). I have recently read about this super computer (when I say super, I mean super) called the Earth Simulator...I'll have more details on monday, when I am able type at leisure.....(time limit over here). But, anyway, It's capable of 70 something trillion calcs. per (either second or minute). It's called the Earth Simulator and is able to predict the climate conditions of Earth up to 1000 years. Originally, they wanted to make something that could predict the economical and ecological status of Earth in the future, so far, they only accomplished the Eco part. If you want to read about it, it was in a recent issue of Time Magazine, in the cool inventions section. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know...

by the way...what comes after terra? I know that its

kilo mega giga terra ....Peta? I forget, I looked it up the other day, but now I forget...

please help me out...

:P

The Earth Simulator was probably the one in Japan that held the speed recrd for quite a while until one built here in the US just took the lead in the last few months. The rankings were in Popular Sci a couple of months back.

Just aman